2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Average City, Great highway.
By J. Carpenter

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE Fleet 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great family car, but a car not to rush every place.

1st of many minivans!
By Kyle

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

due To our growing family, we were in market for a minivan. After doing much research online, we went shopping. It took us 1 day to decide which van was right for us! 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. I loved the look on the Chrysler Pacifica, so we drove on of those- we were not a big fan. It was not as comfortable as we thought a “luxury” minivan would be. We then drove the caravan- which was very smooth- absorbing bumps with ease, smooth acceleration, nice features, comfortable seats, and lower cost than the Pacifica. Granted, we did like the look of the interior dash in the Pacifica better- it did feel like you were driving a very large vehicle (and I drive a semi) we then drove the 2016 Kia Sedona, and our backs were hurting before we were finished with the test drive. We felt clostrophobic in the front of the Sedona. The Sedona is a bit longer than the caravan, but the front feels cramped, while there is a little more legroom in the back seats. We went into this shopping trip with 2 different vehicles in mind. The Pacifica, and the Sedona- we ended up liking the Dodge Grand Caravan so much more! Interior feels like it’s built to last, quality is great, design wonderful. *fyi- I’ve never been a fan of Dodge, but the stow-n-go option really made me consider it- I’m glad I did! One thing about the Caravan that is disappointing is the infotainment screen. Feels a bit like the screens from cell phones many years ago. Back up camera leaves much to be desired, as it is pretty grainy, and at night- it’s just about worthless. However, it is a touchscreen, and it is a decent size. The Sedona had a very small screen. If you can look past the quality of the screen, then definitely take a look at the 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan! Ours has leather/suede seats.

No beeping alerts
By Tim

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan GT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

On my trip to Maui I rented this van to drive to see if I would buy one in the future. The handling and acceleration was decent for the van with 4 kids. It was my second day and was still driving it around and enjoying my vacation. Was not aware of all the functions on the key controls. Just lock and unlock. I must have accidentally hit the open truck key and was not aware of it beenopen. There was no beeping sound or flashing alert on the dash like my Toyota van. I drove the car out of the car port and the trunk window got shattered because it was to high. I believe this to be a design default. My lost

BEST Vehicle EVER
By Joseph Y

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the minivan for its space to haul my mobility scooter. I installed a hoist and the scooter fits perfect. I never use the last row of seating and carry a load of 400 lbs. at all times. Looking at the van from the outside you can’t even tell it has anything inside. I love the power and the sound of the engine when you put your foot into it. The start has a little lag but then it takes off like a rocket, I had a big SUV before which weighed 1500 lbs. more than the van and it had the same horse power and it would not get out of its own way. I live in Phoenix, AZ so the remote start is a must in the hot weather. I start it when I get outside of the store and the time I get my scooter loaded and get in the driver seat the A/C has it cooled down. The auto doors are the best for loading groceries don’t even have to get off my scooter. I have people see me unloading my scooter and they always come over to help me close the rear door and I tell them it’s automatic and push the button. The Bluetooth for the phone is great calling and receiving calls, I like music and was always shuffling cd’s in my old vehicle but this one puts them on the hard drive and then I never have to mess with them anymore. The mileage is good on the highway (26 MPG) in town I can’t keep my foot out of it so not that great, but that’s my own fault. I’m 62 and have had a lot of vehicles and this by far is the best.

Biggest let down ever.
By Darin

2017 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought it brand new and have had a misfire since about the first month.( they cant find it.) Also siding door rattles at times. And if sitting idling in gear with running lights or what is called driving light which are automatically on they will flicker continuously. ( another thing they cant find). Fuel mileage is nothing like advertising says. Ours doing the math miles driven vrs gallons used will alot of the times be 16 to 17. Never seen it even close to what the dash says. 25.xx miles per gallon. Yes they will warranty it but they keep telling us its normal operations. My advice dont buy one. Ours has been and still is nothing but a major headache and disappointment.