Used 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Family Car
By cricker

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I was all set on an SUV and on a whim stopped in a Dodge dealership.
The dodge grand caravan offered so much more space for all the things we bring on family trips.
We were sold despite the poor reviews.

3 wks later we took the car on our first trip.
There was room to spare even with 2 adults and 3 kids. Finally! However, on the trip the cruise control started acting up.
When breaking the transmission would downshift and try to accelerate.
You had to turn it off on the button and not with the break.
Then it wouldn't shift into drive after we stopped for gas.
920 miles on the car 3 wks old and we had to spend two nights in the middle of no where for a minor repair to be completed.

Storage options, heated seats, opening side doors and rear lift gate

Reliability, breaks

transmission
By henke009

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

after 9000 km the transmission bearing is gone, my first dodge in my life and definitly last one, too much hasle, because of the brand new car............???

Don't let the bias fool you
By joeinoh

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I'm amazed the media, Edmund's included, doesn't rate this vehicle higher in its class. I reviewed minivans extensively when I found out that my wife was pregnant with our third child. After reading a few website reviews I was strongly leaning to Toy/Honda. Claimed reliability issues, build quality and a "warped bumper cover" had me running scared from the Dodge/Chrysler. I tested the Toy & Honda units & was not impressed. Then I rented a T&C for a weekend road trip. I was entirely impressed. I don't know why this product line gets the bad rap it does. Stow & Go alone sold me on the Dodge. I see Dodge units with over 200k miles all the time. Drive one before you buy a Toy or Honda.

Easily Stow n Go. I'd buy the Dodge/Chrysler for this feature alone. My 10 year old can fold the entire rear of this vehicle in 30 seconds. Perfectly flat floor that swallows drywall and 4x8 sheets of plywood. I no longer need my 3rd vehicle (old truck). Comfortable front seats. Vehicle reliability.

nothing stands out.

Ignore others' slams on this vehicle
By Anonymous

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We're a growing family, and with another kid on the way decided it was time for us to pick up a minivan. Initially, we set out to buy a Toyota Sienna because of Toyota's reputation. But, we came off feeling a little disappointed with the entry-level Sienna: the interior was very lackluster, you have to upgrade to even get "stain resistant" seats, and the versatility of the interior wasn't what we expected. On a whim, we pulled into the Dodge dealership after a day of test-driving Siennas and a pre-owned Honda Odyssey. We were pleasantly surprised. To us, the entry Caravan's beat the Siennas. Opt for at least the 3.8 V6 though. We bought one and after 2 months are super- pleased w/it.

Stow and go is awesome. It makes the vehicle so much more versatile. Performance is good with the 3.8 and 4.0 V6 (the 3.3 is a dog). I feel to young to say that I like a minivan, but I'll admit that I actually like this thing. It makes family logistics so much easier.

It's not the most attractive to me, but it's not ugly either. They've made improvements since this style was introduced: nicer wheels, painted moldings, aluminum interior touches that the sienna didn't have. But, if I wanted "fancy", I would've kept the german sedan that I traded for this thing.

Number 5 is Alive
By Temecula 4

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Hero 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Well, we just traded in our 4th Chrysler Van product in a row, a 2005 GC. We got the 2010 Hero with great factory and dealer incentives. And while reliability at over 90,000 miles has never been a Chrysler strong suit, the functionality of the GC is unsurpassed in its class. The unbelievable selling pint to buy one of these NOW, is the available Lifetime unlimited miles bumper to bumper warranty. that I have never felt before. We have had Stow n Go seating on the 05, and are please to see it is still offered in 2010. Driving the new van home it felt solid and sporty. Acceleration and passing power are ample with the 3.8. I have owned the 3.3 and do not recommend it.

Stow and go seating. Interior color combination of dark charcoal seating and carpets with beige headliner and side panels. Great interior room and storage. Built in rear view kiddie mirror. Power windows in second row doors. Soothing and appealing blue dash lighting.

6 speaker sound system lacks bass response, subwoofer should be added. Fuel economy in city continues to be poor with this model year, aqs it has historically been. Hazard light activation with side door operation while in park is not on this model, but was on previous generation, this is missed.