Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Recall after recall
By kdan

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had recall after recall on the 08. Eats brakes and is very clunky inside. MPG is bad and we are luck to get 20 on HY and 17 in town. I wish I had spent more money on a Honda. I also own a Dodge Stratus and will trade that in for anything but a Dodge. Not a quality company.

Front seat remain comfortable during long trips. Plenty of room with the stow and go.

Brakes and every recall item to date. Spend way too much time sitting in the service waiting room with another recall.

Please Avoid This Vehicle
By pghlawyer

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I am adding this review to put people on notice. Please shop elsewhere. This vehicle looks good outside, has a decent interior and was exactly what my wife wanted for the family. Chrysler invented the minivan, right? They really screwed together a nice looking piece of poorly engineered crap. Tons of recalls. I have changed the brakes more times in two years than Visa will allow me to speak aloud. The dealer is finally coming around trying to "assist" me with "my" problems. Thanks for the help! This is a horrible mistake by this company and should be on the nightly news. Chrysler won't admit to this failure until someone, or their children, die in an accident.

This van looks good on the outside and adequate on the inside. Stow and go is great. Kids like the van for room and it has tons of storage for people like us who like to road trip. BUT, its a lemon and we will be pursuing that option shortly. I am not going to "eat" Dodge's engineering failures.

Only road trip after you take the brakes to be serviced. Then you may find, as I did, that the rear brakes are smoking on the way home, less than 1000 miles later. My wife said we should have bought one of those luxocruiser SUVs if we were going to have to pay 600 a month to keep it on the road.

08 caravan SXT No good
By Shann

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

08 grand caravan sxt & in that time the automatic stow rear seats serviced every 3 months or at every oil change because they will not stow or they get stuck in stow mode. My sliding doors are ALWAYS broken, i.e. the button does not work them, or they start to up but slide back. Navigation system had to be replaced. Front brakes wore out at 13,000 miles (Pads and rotors). Rear brake pads and rotors wore out at 22,000 miles. Transmission got stuck in gear and would not go into manual mode. Dealership repaired-said it was a computer communication problem due to a "loose wire". Transmission problems again 3 days after 1st tranny repair! Do NOT BUY this VAN! Buyers BEWARE!

If and when this van actually works properly, it is nice. Extra features make it luxurious, DVD player, shades for windows, auto stow seats (DO NOT GET THIS FEATURE!), seat heaters (front & back), nav system, rear back up camera, great extras. It is best to get manual seats-auto not worth trouble!

Fix electrical glitches. Make luxury features more durable. SXT is not a model for those who do heavy camping and such. Brakes totally STINK! I suggest replacing brakes with super good NON-manufact. 10,000 miles after you buy. Fix the computer system. Make the can more durable all over for FAMILIES!

Horrible Experience
By Horrific

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've had so many recalls, I know all the shop attendants by first name. No time for poor reliability. Brakes went before 20K miles-recalled. AC went out over summer-recalled. Shifts down hard when let foot off gas-transmission problem? Doors & radiator cap recalled. Should have bought a used car with 75K miles--would have been more reliable.

Start over.

Major Repairs
By Rich

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this van used and did not own it a year when the tipim Module went bad. (that's the electrical box that controls the car), just made a year and now both evaporators rear and front do not work. $2600 to repair at the Dodge dealer. Dodge corp. will assist with 25% of repair. i cannot afford another major repair. (DO NOT BUY THIS VAN) what to do?

Tow and Go Seats best feature.

recall these parts as i went to many forums and this is a problem. Dodge step up and fix this