Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

2/24/2011
By bs2257

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy American. Have always had a Toyota.

Bought this van from the Dodge Dealership used with 58k miles.
Since I've had it, (1 1/2 yrs) new brakes, AC
hose leaked.
Recalls:
AC, radiator cap leak, front wheel bearings, door latch could cause fire, Air bags could disengage.
Now the transmission needs to be replaced with 64K miles. Cost 4,500-5,500 to replace.
Was told by the dealership the transmission has not been a problem on other 2008 vans.
Really! No Thanks!
Trading it in on a Toyota as soon as possible!
I really expected more from Dodge.

Handles good in snow

Major overhaul!

DO NOT BUY!
By et127

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I cannot stress enough how I would never recommend this vehicle to anyone!
This is the biggest piece of junk I have ever owned.
I bought the vehicle in April 2008 and am about to replace the brakes for the third time.
Not to mention the four recalls, the tire pressure light, the loud buzzing noise that the inside of the van makes when going over 50.
Please do not buy this car, you will regret it!
Not to mention that I still owe $20,000 on it and the KBB is only $8,500.
Does anyone out there with these problems know of anything we can do?
I have written one letter a week to Chrysler and I will continue until they do something!

None!

My suggestions are to not make this vehicle anymore!

Great Value
By Anonymous

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van to accommodate our growing family. It was far less expensive as a used vehicle than Japanese competitors. The bad: the interior plastics are cheap, the 3.3L engine is only adequate, and fuel economy is so-so. The good: we bought it with less than 20,000 miles for about $10,000 off what it would cost new. It has been very reliable, with one air conditioning problem fixed under warranty. Best of all are the stow n go seats, which are incredibly easy to operate even with one hand. It carries an enormous amount of stuff, and is pretty comfortable to drive. I don't mind the cheap interior so much, since kids only make a mess of it anyhow.

Stow N Go seats are fantastic

A better quality interior would improve first impressions.

nice vehicle
By confused

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I can't believe that so many people seem to have problems with this vehicle. My wife typically drives it but the family uses it quite a bit too. Absolutely no problems with the quality, ride, comfort, reliability. Not as refined as the Honda; not as expensive either. TPMS is junk though.

3.3 liter motor....will go forever

get rid of TPMS

Back to the drawing board...
By Aaron

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our 2008 Grand Caravan just a few years ago. The new body style and stow and go were what drew us to it right away. However, now 4 recalls later and an electrical problem no one can seem to diagnose, I am stuck paying $400/month for a car that has now had 2 sets of brakes and a set of rotors. Overall, I am very displeased with this vehicle. Chrysler, you just set Detroit back 20 years. It's back to the drawing board for you. A new body style doesn't make it a better vehicle. Sell something that is reliable and error free. Drop UAW and make it more affordable..

Stow and go seating. Room for 7. Versatility for cargo and passengers.

New Transmission. This one slips up often. Better brake parts. New Electrical / Computer system. Better materials. The body parts on this vehicle are paper thin. You can dent it with a cotton ball. Make sure it works before it leaves the factory. Quality vs. quanity...