Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Doors and brakes
By Danger

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We ordered this van from the factory the way we wanted it. We were very excited about it and enjoyed it for most of the first year. Although it was very annoying with the automatic doors, if the wind was blowing the doors would not shut because of the "safety". But January 2009 my then 4 year old daughter reached back into the van as the door was closing and it closed, latched and lock on her hand. Luckily after a trip to the doctor's office the x-rays showed there was not anything broken. I took the van to the dealership and they said there was a programming on the doors that needed to be fixed. Well yesterday my 2 year old daughter got her hand caught in the same door, she received

a laceration on her hand but nothing broken. So beware they won't close the in the wind but they will eat your young child! The dealer just shrugs his shoulders and tries to sell me another van. BS

We too have had to replace the brake pads and rotor twice in 28,000 miles.

HOT A/C
By jacob2010

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this Dodge G/C-2008 SXT about a week ago, and since then we have had the following problems (not corrected yet by dealer). Pass.side A/C blows HOT air when setting is cold. Drvr side front wheel/tire squeals(brake dust on tire), Horrible squeaky noise from windshield area. Pass.side sliding door will not close properly, keeps openings by itself. Remote missing for DVD unit. U-connect doesn't work. Vehicle pulls to the left. Chrysler/Dodge needs to start using automatic lights like Ford & GM. Annoying to turn on lights when driving at nite time.

Stow N'Go. DVD unit (2 screens) 7- pass.seating.

Sliding doors, A/C unit, Sirius U- connect, wheels/brakes/tires, Windshield noise, Horrible second hand value, better customer service.

Disgusted
By Madison

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have been driving Caravans since 1989 and this had got to be the worst one. The key doesn't always work and although the van is running, the signal lights, radio do not which is dangerous when you think your signal is working and you try to use it. The brakes wore prematurely and the plastic in the hatch cracked in two. The tires wore prematurely as well.

Stow and go seats

Get rid of the plastic key, use better quality brake parts and better quality tires.

2008 gc sxt
By dalet`

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Had the van about 2 years now and have put 34,000 km on it mostly highway as we use our Jeep still for city when we aren't going out together with all the kids, have had the power steering hose blow completely off within the first month. It's currently at the dealership because the transmission is slipping and the ignition module is gone too and cars tarter also needed removing. We don't drive it much but we love the van just too bad there are so many problems so early in the vans life. Also we have been told by the dealership that the brakes need replacing which seems pretty early for only 34,000 km. Also another to watch for is the plastic trim on the floor we had a piece snap in half

My gig system with dvd, the body style, fold and go seats and power doors and middle windows being able to roll down .

More reliable! Better built transmission and this part is more towards my dealership, but better service as I've had the worst service from my dealership over the past 3 visits that I will probably never buy another Dodge product or deal with this dealership again after I receive my van back.

Crappy brakes
By dwbrum11

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This will be my last Chrysler product. I have had a problem with the front brakes wearing prematurely and the local dealer refusing to replace them under warranty even though there is a TSB issued from Chrysler saying that this should be covered by warranty. They wanted me to pay over $450 just to do the front brakes saying that no other shops would be able to get parts for it. National Tire and Brake installed lifetime rotors and pads for $300 dollars. I don't know if this was just my local dealer but I have been reading a lot of complaints about the brakes from other people and little help from the dealers.

None

Better Brakes Better build quality More honest service personnel at the dealers. Several other customers followed me out of my dealers service dept. after I proved him a liar on the aftermarket parts.