Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

A/C is NOT Blowing Cold
By Mad Dad

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this USED from a Chevy dealer and everything was fine until yesterday when I tried to use the A/C. It was hot & I thought it was just taking longer to cool. I was wrong, it's not blowing cold! My warranty expired on 6/13. I do not have an extended warranty and only have 3 mo / 3,000 mi which I would have to pay 50/50 with the dealer which expired on 6/13. Is there anything a Chrysler dealer will do for me? I refuse to put out money on a 2 year old car with only 40,000 mile on it.

Stow n go. Roomy interior.

Seats are very uncomfortable, could use more padding. Reliability should be better.

Disgusted
By michelle

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle brand new. I have had A/C issues, latch issues and shift issues. Most of all, I have put $500 recently into rear brakes after having had my front brakes already replaced for the same reason, squealing. I complained about the three times I have had to return my van for problems, but have gotten nowhere. They need to recall the brakes! I have owned 2 other Caravans and enjoyed owning them but not this one.

Stow n Go

Recall brakes

I would pass on this one.
By Marilyn Walter

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Brakes are horrible. Needed front pads at 16,000, never in my life and then back pads at 18,000. Now the car won't start. Had issues with the plastic key. A couple of times car is on, yet no radio, AC, lights etc. nothing is working then you have to fiddle with the key and it works. The shifter is funky too, have issues with that, sometimes you have to press all the way down on the brakes to get it to shift into park. I would not buy another Caravan. I should have gotten the VW minivan like I wanted but was talked into this when I returned a Jeep Liberty. oh well.

None really.

Brakes, plastic key, shifter. AC takes too long to get cold.

This car is garbage!
By unhappy customer

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because of it's safety record to replace 10 year old Ford. It's been a big disappointment from day one. Ignition and gear shift replaced within 2 months after numerous complaints of both getting stuck. Air conditioning repaired twice in less than 2 years. Power steering hose replaced at 1 month. Knocking coming from drivers side door repaired after 3 complaints. Front brakes replaced at 11,800 miles. Rear brakes replaced at 19,000 miles. Car serviced for numerous rrt's. Car going back to the shop tomorrow to check and hopefully repair 2 separate noises that have been complained about already and not repaired. Customer service reps say what is "written" in the manual-gets you nowhere.

Can't enjoy the car because of its poor construction

Be awake and alert when assembling car!

Brake Disappointment
By L. Weiss

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am completely dissatisfied with the brakes on this car - what junk. I had to replace the front brakes at 16000 miles at a year old, pads and rotors. Now at 27600 miles the back brakes needed replacement and I was told the front brakes need to be done again, too. That's 3 sets of brakes in less than 1-1/2 years. This is unacceptable. I have had hyundais & a chevy tracker (80000 miles before doing brakes)and this is outrageous to me. I will never buy a dodge again -- I can't afford this kind of maintenance problem. I cannot believe this has happened to me. I'm 64 years old, I don't drive like a hot rodder and I do not drive in a way that would cause the brakes to go this soon.

Obviously, the brake system is not adequate for the vehicle and should be changed and the car recalled & fixed.