Used 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

D-O-G D-E Not Dodge
By Corvettekev

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The good - the vehicle swallows miles and payload extremely well. It's roomy & comfy. a lot of mags write that the interior is "cheap" and uncomfortable- I have to differ. Driving the van holds its own and I found it to be a lot more nimble than the Ford. Quality is the issue. The van eats brakes! We replaced rotors and pads at 17k - my Ford got 50k mile on the brakes. I drive an old Alfa Romeo - this Dodge has electrical gremlins. Bad coil packs, ignition issues, door issues etc. Burned 2.5 qts oil in 3500 miles and I'm told thats normal! Worst part - the service department is useless! Every issue req multiple trips until the prob left you stranded. The van was traded in 15 months in.

Size, ride, look, USA!

Quality issues must be fixed along w/the brake issue.

Buy A Honda, Buy a Toyota
By CorvetteKev

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned Ford & Mazda vans and switched to Dodge when these were unavailable. Electrical problems plague this car (WORSE THAN MY OLD ALFA ROMEO)! Brake failure at 16k, 2 bad ignitions, a bad ignition pack, bad rear shocks, bad front sway bar, NOW I'm burning 2.5 qts of oil in 3k miles - Dealer says this is normal. Don't believe me, I have the invoices! Buy a Honda! I have 32k on the van - not good

Getting home!

The factory level really needs to fix these things. Dealer level needs to appreciate 450 a month is not chump change for a bad car or any car.

Disappointed - Poor Quality - Avoid
By Family of 5

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Second minivan for us after transmission went out on the Windstar. First problem was the automatic doors popping back open - then the brakes and new rotors at 36,000 - next the AC went out - poor gas mileage - built cheap - uncomfortable seating. Only good thing was the space and stow and go. This family of 3 kids went back to a Nissan Pathfinder. After 3 Jeeps that were lemons and now this - will never buy Dodge or Chrysler again. Buyer beware - you get what you pay for!

stow and go

Improvements? Overall quality and reliability!

Very Disappointed
By Chris

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Dodge G/C SXT used with 21,000 miles. I have experienced several problems with it and am seriously debating a trade in. The automatic doors are wonderful to have, when they work. I had to take the van in several times for "programming issues". Then there was a recall for a wiring issue that seems to have fixed the prob. Front end was completely replaced at 35,000 miles. Thank god for warranties. Front headlamp was factory wired incorrectly. Now as I have just passed the 36k mark (38,500) the brakes just got extended and now I don't apply for the $100 deductible to fix the obvious problems. I am not going to buy another GC. I have had a Ram for nearly 9 years and love it!

I do love the room it gives, especially for the family trip. Stow and Go is wonderful. Also looks pretty cool for a mini van!

Brakes!

Disappointed
By joe R

2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

After all the hoopla about needing to buy "American" I bought a Dodge grand caravan. I first took possession of a v4. Could barely get it home. No pep at all. Had to move up to v6. The price moved by $15,000. Within 5 months had to replace brakes and rotors in front. It seems Dodge used inferior quality brakes. Now I've been replacing them every 12-15k miles. I've already replaced the front end ball bearings and the rear bearings. The dealer actually replaced the front twice. It seems the first was defective. Been driving for 40 years and never had to replace bearings in my life. Now I have to replace an air-cond. Hose. Have to wait 4-6 weeks for the part. 4 to 6 weeks for a hose? Is this America

You charge top dollar. Make a quality product that we can all proudly point to and say Now that's AMERICAN.