Used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Oil Burner
By doug

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle new. What a mistake. After 20k it burns over 1qt of oil every 1000 miles, which Dodge says is NORMAL. The sunroof won't close if you're going faster than 20 mph. Again Dodge says this is normal and that you should have to pull over and stop to close your sunroof. It's a piece of junk. Dodge has turned me into a Honda/Toyota lover.

Stow and Go

Manufacturer should stand behind their product

Dependable Van many miles to come....
By Family man

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased this van for vacation & winded up loving it. I drive 2000+ miles a month with my job now and really enjoy the van. Have all the comfort features like leather,dvd, power everything as well. We come from sports cars but like luxury and this van has it all for us. Not the sports car feel but still has power to merge into traffic and get a jump at the stop light if need be w/out any problems. I would buy again & yes, Dodge treats us well. We've owned 21 vehicles in 12 years and we've had this 1 the longest. Kids really enjoy it as well as they have lots of room. No real problems other then rack & pinion went out. Dealer took car of it. Best mpg 29.8 worst 18, Mobile 1 syn. oil helps.

Everything..DVD,Sto-n-go, power everything, safety for family, mileage, luxury items for the $$$$. AMERICAN MADE Need I say more!

Hide the darn pipe for the Sto-N-Go seating features. $35K and see the pipe come on Dodge, Bigger LCD screen

I like the van!
By Cathy

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my van now for two years and have LOVED every minute of it. It great on trips, roomy, comfortable, easy to handle. I am now, after almost 2 years to the date, running into small problems. Air conditioning blows hot air, water pump is leaking and window motor needs to be replaced. It's all under warranty. So far, it's been great. It will be interesting to see what happens after the warranty. I hope it holds up.

Handling is fantastic. I like the fast acceleration. Great gas mileage (you have to keep the air filter changed, it makes a HUGE difference)

I would like the stereo to be louder

Best van on the road.
By Rick

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our 2002 Grand Caravan for the 2006 Grand Caravan. We were very pleased with the '02 but this van with its Stow n Go seating is far superior. The seats work easily. If you do not have Stow n Go you will be amazed how frequently you use them. We use them every day. easy to use and can fold all seats within a minute. Have not had any major problems with the van at all. The van has made three trips to Florida and South Carolina (from NJ) and it is very comfortable. The storage wells for the middle row seats make a great storage area for snacks and things. There really is a lot of room in this van. Rides like a Cadillac on the highway. Easy to drive with great visibility.

3.8 engine, Stow n Go, video system, interior controls well laid out and easy to use. Handling is terrific. Smooth quiet ride. Feels solid. Have gotten 26.2 mpg on the highway. I am averaging @20-22 mpg with normal driving. It gets better mileage than the '02 and I have a bigger engine! (3.8 vs 3.3)

None. I feel Dodge did their homework on this van and they should be complimented. It is a well designed and well built car.

Please don't buy
By Stephanie Medlin

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van brand new. We purchased an extended warranty also. I have had continuous problems starting at about 18,000 with stalling. I had to take it in over 6 times only to be told nothing is registering on the computer. After the 6th time, the fuel pump was replaced. Now, again, we are having stalling problems only to be told nothing is registering and it can't be duplicated. Gas mileage horrible. It also: has problems with front brakes, grinding sound turning and reverse, a loud noise on hard right turns. And, nothing is wrong with any of these items according to the dealerships. Huge safety hazard

I thought I would like the stow and go. NO- I keep the seats up all the time as it is our family van for 5. They don't go up and down easily. Another warranty item I talked to the service department about only to be told there is nothing wrong.