Used 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Rust badly!
By oh_mom

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought used in 2009 and started to rust badly around the wheel wells about a year later. It was still under warranty, so they repaired it, but it came back in the same place. They repaired it again and it came back yet again in the exact spot they "repaired." It is now out of warranty and the dealership won't return our calls. We contacted Chrysler and for the past 2 weeks, they have been "looking into it."

The only other issue we have is that driver side passenger door sticks/jams upon opening. Overall, it seems to be mechanically solid. However, the rust issue is serious enough that we are looking at getting rid of it. And we will NEVER purchase a Chrysler product again.

Stow and Go seating is awesome. Very spacious.

Fix the rust issue! It seems to be a problem on almost every older model caravan I see. Chrysler needs to address this; it is not right that they continue to sell vehicles with such a pervasive (and expensive) problem.

Verrrry Unreliable
By rs2025

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded in my van with 88K miles for a 2012 Honda CRV.
This was my 3rd Dodge van and Dodge should be embarrassed by the quality.
I will no longer purchase a Chrysler product.
Issues:

Head gasket, Water pump, Steering rack (I was told I now need anther one) Valve covers needed new seals, Tie rods on both sides, Power side doors - one does not work and the other needs replacement motor, Air Conditioning - Dodge paid for part of the repair because issue was the design with mis-matched metals that causes leaks, Van is rusting and dealer repaired under warranty but not all rust issues, ignition harness, starter - I have no more space but more issues!!

Utility

great mini van
By marti5

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Ext Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Grand Caravan brand new in 06. I now have 108,000 on it. I have just replaced the radiator and a water pump about 10,000 miles ago. We had to change a sensor out at about 90,000 miles. Other than those things this van has been great. Stow and go seating is awesome. I have never been stranded in this vehicle. You will always have to replace some parts here and there but I know this caravan has many more miles to go.

Stow and go seating

Bad doors & whine will drive you crazy!
By PML1950

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Okay so the whine when I'm driving is what drives me the most crazy and it never seems to stop. The fact that every dodge caravan I've owned after about 80,000 miles the air conditioning stops working. The elec doors where to start, first one of the locks won't work with the key so you have to lock manually, then the other door the button on the inside won't open or close so if you remember which side works which way you're lucky. This is the second Dodge caravan and I won't purchase another. I'd rather a Honda or Toyota van, they have better reports from owners.

stow-n-go seats

more reliable air conditioning, better research and development for engine noises and fix the door problems.

My dodge gran-caravan
By gran-caravan lover

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have 435,000 miles on my baby , going for 600,00 have had no problems with trans and motor but the electronics awful, have no int. lights sliders stop 3 yrs. ago have cut wires in the mec. that moves doors back and forth cont changing window lift mortors back wiper motor went out 4 yrs ago, yet I love this van so much I work out of her everyday and don't let anyone else drive it. I would buy another one if they would.

fix my electronics what are your recalls nobody in the car business seems to want to let me know?