Used 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Solid and useful
By Redvan

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Just drove it for one year. Drove it in high heat. Good A/C. It can haul a lot of material with ease. It is a heavy duty vehicle. I always see the Toyota Sienna riding very low in back with a few back seat passengers. I do not think Honda people ever do work with their vans. I just do not see the point of a van if you can't haul stuff. The gas mileage is fair. 19/20 all around 23 on the freeway with A/C and going 70 plus. Good car so far

Can haul very heavy objects

Better mileage

Grand Caravan's Credit
By Mark

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Driving the Grand Caravan is great, but the traction of the minivan is not that good. Owning is great. The stow n go seating is very helpful. We moved 3 times and the stow n go seating helped a lot. Also, when we take trips we have a lot of space to accomodate a lot of our things. We even have left over space! The 2nd and 3rd row seats aren't that comfortable for adults, but if children are stitting they shouldn't complain.

My favorite feature of the Grand Caravan would hav to be the stow n go seating. Because of all the seating configurations and all the added space you wouldn't find in a Toyota Sienna or a Kia Sodona.

I like how the Grand Caravan is right now but I wish the 2nd row seats would be more comfortable.

Electrical Problems
By C. Davison

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the SXT when it was a year old (with 13,000 mi.), it was joy at first. A few weeks ago the instrument cluster began to flicker (warning chime, ABS and sealtbelt lights briefly illuminate, and the flickering begins). I was told it was normal, and since then the headlights have begun to flicker. The van is in the shop for the 3rd time. The dealership has it until they are able to duplicate the problem, and hopefully fix the problem.

The seats and the comfortable ride.

Sweet ride for family
By donanobis

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd van and 1st Grand Caravan. What a wonderful ride, great value for all the extras and a great warranty too. I wish I would have known about this line of minivans a long time ago!

Seats fold into the floor, power doors, temp and compass display in roof, underseat storage on front passenger seat, garage door opener buttons, 16 inch wheels, the whole thing!

Better power steering and weatherstripping for wind sound.

Driving on up
By Christine

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Ext Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I think this van is a great find. It handles great, has a nice design and is very comfortable. The stow and go seating is an awsome addition, it was always difficult getting the seats out of my old van. I get decient gas milage concidering it's a van. The only complaints I have about the van are that after only 6 months a couple of the seat side panels fell apart (screws fell out) but the dealer promptly fixed them at no charge of course. There was also a recall on the van (something to do with the heat/AC system), but that was also quickly fixed. I think if you want a nice van at a decent price, then this van is a good choice.