Used 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

It must have been made on a Monday!
By Lemon

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan EX Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had trouble with this van since the day we bought it. Constantly in the Service bay for one thing or another. I get smart sarcasms from the salesmen and mechanics. Most recently I have had this van in the dealership 6 times in a month and a half for the same problem. I will never buy another Dodge. We have always had foreign cars and I guess now we know why!

I do like the room in the interior, If the engine and electrical were just workable.

Replace entire electrical computer system.

Rollover
By Pat

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I recently had a horrible accident in this van and miraculously survived! I swerved to avoid an animal on Interstate 70 in Utah and when I tried to correct, it didn't happen. I was traveling at 75-77 MPH on cruise and the wheels caught the concrete and I was accross the freeway and hit a large light pole, then rolled 3-5 times as I was told and somehow came out with only a broken clavicle, severely sprained back and lots of cuts and bruises. The recovery is slow, but the air bags and seat belts must have saved me...or a guardian angel? Whatever it was, I'm sure something helped me survive. I would buy another of these vans ASAP. Insurance said this was an excellant rated van for this crash.

Bob's review
By Bob C

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall vehicle has had a good performance history. Only had one issue/problem that the dealership was never able to identify and thus fix. Problem would occur when the vehicle was intially started, engine would shake and then correct itself after a minute or two. Since the check engine light never went on the dealer would never perform any other diagnostic analysis. This problem does not happen all the time on;y on rare occassions.

Plently of room.

What a pleasant surprise !
By Dale

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This van looks great and it has the engine to back up its beauty. I don't feel like I'm drivng a minivan when I put the pedal to the medal on hills. It's really too bad the bench seat at the back only has two shoulder belts. Hopefully Damler has addressed this Dodge oversight.

The four bucket seats are very comfortable; this van has super a/c and heating, but the stereo is what stands out.

Make the third seating position on the bench seat more useable.

Caravan
By hawk

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a 90 grand caravan for 8 years and liked it so much that we bought a new one, no complaints about either one. It is not a small car but gets good gas mileage for its size.

I like being able to throw the kids in and still have space to move around.

Be able to open the windows on the sliding doors, but that may impact the safety rating?