Used 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 71 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

My last Chysler
By J

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan 4dr Minivan

After purchasing two Caravans this one will be my last. Way too many transmission rebuilds at low milage. I feel like a sucker for buying a second one. It's hard to believe Chrysler has not tried fixing this design problem after all these years.

Redesign transmission.

My 2nd Dodge Grand Caravan
By jack

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

After keeping my 1990 Dodge Grand Caravan for 10 years, it was time for a change. Even though I had replaced the transmission and did a head job, we still bought a one year old Dodge Grand Caravan. To this day, cannot get my wife to take my Chevy Lumina as she loves the Grand Caravan. With two in college, we fit everything to move them in and out each year with room to spare while the SUV's have to use the roof! we will buy another one in 2010.

Still own it, but will not buy another
By Doug

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

Many, many, many problems with brakes over the years. Filed a complaint in the early years, but Chrysler/Dodge did not seem to care and did very little. Probably will not buy another Chrysler/Dodge just due to their lack of care and fair reliability

Interior size great. Very roomy.

They need to improve on reliability

Nice Early On, Then Fell Apart
By Robert

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

The first 60,000 miles were trouble-free. Then we needed a new transmission ($1900). At 96,000 miles, we needed a new Transmission Control Module ($500). Now, at 98,000 miles, we apparently need a new Body Control Module (the dash is completely dead). We had the dealer trace the wiring, and try a new wiring harness. The only thing left is the BCM. However, there's no going back with this -- it's programmed with our VIN, and there's no guarantee that it will fix anything. We've decided to sell it and buy a new one. Given their long-standing problems with transmission and electrical, I'd avoid the Caravan.

Roominess, outside design.

Engine, transmission, electrical.

Peoplemover
By sport

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan

Traded in a 14 year old Nissan pickup. Fair purchase price, Terrible current resale value. A money loser. First year of ownership: New Windshield, drive shaft, battery, fender protector. Trip to dealer every 3000mi. for O/L/F brought out an uncalled for need of a very expensive repair to be had. A come on. Good room for a big load. Never going to buy another Dodge.

Roomy. Nice to drive.

Dodge should put more quality in its products. Better gas mileage.