2018 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

So Far So Good
By Lakersfreak

2018 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Coming from a sports car to buying an R/T has been really amazing so far. Drives like a sports car, but it's an SUV!!!! Best of both worlds. Highly

Best Vehicle-Utility & Performance for 9 Months
By Humberto Martinez

2018 Dodge Durango SRT 4dr SUV AWD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

The first 9 months and almost 9,000 miles of owning the 2018 Durango SRT were having me think I had purchased the perfect vehicle. Everything I wanted in performance and utility was there. Then all of a sudden it left me and two of my friends stranded. The transmission froze in neutral but all four wheels were locked. We tried everything we could think of to put it in Drive to no avail. I had it towed in to the Dodge dealership - Mike Brown - in Granbury where I bought it. They had it one week and when I went to pick it up told me they had replaced the valve body on the transmission and re-flashed the transmission control module. But they told me it was ready. I picked it up and I immediately noticed the quite erratic shifting of the transmission. I took it back to the dealership. They advised me that the valve body would take about one to two weeks to resume normal shifting. So I took it home. About a week later, I was on my way to the grocery store when I noticed the transmission had frozen on 5th gear and the Active Cruise Control service light had momentarily flashed on. I headed for the dealership, about 35 miles away. As I approached the last red light in Benbrook headed towards Granbury on US 377, the vehicle shifted to neutral on its own and the shifter could not be moved. I let it coast to the side of the road. I turned off the engine, waited a few seconds, and turned it back on. The vehicle begin normal operations but the erratic shifting continued. I left it at the dealership. After one week with the vehicle, they had no idea what the problem was. I, in the meantime, had lost total confidence in the vehicle and asked the dealership to buy it back from me. They bought it back from me at a significant loss to me. In short, what I thought was the perfect vehicle for the first 9 months of trouble free ownership, turned out to be the worst vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a considerable number of vehicles in my 71 years of living. The dealership offered me a reasonable price on a brand new Durango SRT, but I turned them down. I do not trust the vehicle.

Great blend of dodge muscle and functionality
By Anonymous Maryland purchase

2018 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It is a great balance of space and convenience

Durango with Hellcat engine!
By Lynne

2018 Dodge Durango SRT 4dr SUV AWD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

We own a 2011 Durange Crew 4WD 8cyl. We love it and were looking for a replacement for a 10 year old VW CC, but needed space for dogs. The SRT of course performs far better than the CC, has updated technology, but more impressive - handles better than the CC, and I loved that car. The only things you won’t like are the price and gas mileage!

Finally a well thought out American SUV
By Bill

2018 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've been thinking about gravitating back to an American built vehicle for some time now and finally found a well built technological up to date vehicle with my recent purchase of my 2018 Durango Citadel. The fit and finish is excellent, seat comfort is 5 star, ride is amazingly quiet and the technology equipped surpasses the Asian market. The V6 is unbelievably quiet smooth with excellent power and reasonable gas mileage. The 8 speed transmission shifts incredibly smooth with hardly a notice of shifting. I have found my Citadel to be very reliable comfortable and good looking, love the vice white paint job. The 8.4 Navigation screen and functionality is the best on the market its fast clear and precise. If I have any gripes it would be these two. (1st) I dislike the start/stop function (very annoying) at least you can disable it at start up. (2nd) A minor gripe but a gripe never the less you have to press the Navigation icon then view map icon each time you start the vehicle if you want to view the map... This vehicle is definitely a road trip SUV it love's the highway gobbles up the miles in total comfort and affords you with an excellent view of you surroundings. In the city it handles the roads like a much smaller vehicle than it actually is. It's certainly a win / win for handling. It rides and handles like a more expensive vehicle than it actually is. If you are on the fence about which SUV to buy you would be doing yourself a injustice if you did not give the Durango a try...