2018 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Radio does not work
By J.

2018 Dodge Durango GT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The radio has not worked since delivery. Dealership says there are no radios available to replace with. After having talked to many different dealerships about the problem, i was informed the original manufacturer of the radio had its contract cancelled and now Dodge is unable to replace the radios in any of the 2018 Durangos. Nice new Durango that has a faulty radio. Radio controls front and rear climate, all Blue tooth capabilities and safety features.

So Far So Good
By Lakersfreak

2018 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Coming from a sports car to buying an R/T has been really amazing so far. Drives like a sports car, but it's an SUV!!!! Best of both worlds. Highly

Best Vehicle-Utility & Performance for 9 Months
By Humberto Martinez

2018 Dodge Durango SRT 4dr SUV AWD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

The first 9 months and almost 9,000 miles of owning the 2018 Durango SRT were having me think I had purchased the perfect vehicle. Everything I wanted in performance and utility was there. Then all of a sudden it left me and two of my friends stranded. The transmission froze in neutral but all four wheels were locked. We tried everything we could think of to put it in Drive to no avail. I had it towed in to the Dodge dealership - Mike Brown - in Granbury where I bought it. They had it one week and when I went to pick it up told me they had replaced the valve body on the transmission and re-flashed the transmission control module. But they told me it was ready. I picked it up and I immediately noticed the quite erratic shifting of the transmission. I took it back to the dealership. They advised me that the valve body would take about one to two weeks to resume normal shifting. So I took it home. About a week later, I was on my way to the grocery store when I noticed the transmission had frozen on 5th gear and the Active Cruise Control service light had momentarily flashed on. I headed for the dealership, about 35 miles away. As I approached the last red light in Benbrook headed towards Granbury on US 377, the vehicle shifted to neutral on its own and the shifter could not be moved. I let it coast to the side of the road. I turned off the engine, waited a few seconds, and turned it back on. The vehicle begin normal operations but the erratic shifting continued. I left it at the dealership. After one week with the vehicle, they had no idea what the problem was. I, in the meantime, had lost total confidence in the vehicle and asked the dealership to buy it back from me. They bought it back from me at a significant loss to me. In short, what I thought was the perfect vehicle for the first 9 months of trouble free ownership, turned out to be the worst vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a considerable number of vehicles in my 71 years of living. The dealership offered me a reasonable price on a brand new Durango SRT, but I turned them down. I do not trust the vehicle.

Great blend of dodge muscle and functionality
By Anonymous Maryland purchase

2018 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It is a great balance of space and convenience

Durango with Hellcat engine!
By Lynne

2018 Dodge Durango SRT 4dr SUV AWD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

We own a 2011 Durange Crew 4WD 8cyl. We love it and were looking for a replacement for a 10 year old VW CC, but needed space for dogs. The SRT of course performs far better than the CC, has updated technology, but more impressive - handles better than the CC, and I loved that car. The only things you won’t like are the price and gas mileage!