Used 2013 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

New Durango mistake
By Larry B

2013 Dodge Durango SXT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Owned a 2007 AWD Durango which we gave to our son and it's still running strong with 115,000 miles, not problems. I assumed that the new design would be just as dependable and that was a mistake. We traded our perfectly good F150 in on a new 2013 Durango with 10 miles on the odometer and started having problems on the way home from the dealership. Over the next month, the Durango spent most of it's time in the shop at great inconvenience to us, and no support from the Dealership that sold it to us. It broke down for the last time on a road trip with our grandchildren and I was able to get it to a local Dodge dealer where I left it for the last time. This ordeal lasted 45 days (and 1,500 miles) after purchase before Chrysler resolution finally agreed to make an exchange for another vehicle. I was given a 2014 Durango in exchange at a cost of approximately $2000 difference, and no reimbursement for my out of pocket expense for cab fare, car rental etc. Very disappointed with both Chrysler, and the dealership involved. We drove the 2014 for awhile, and then started getting recall notices so I traded it in on a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and lost another $3500 in the transaction because the Durango's don't hold their value. The Jeep Wrangler is on a different platform with better dependability and resale and we have had no problems in 35,000 miles. I don't recommend the Durango (or Jeep Grand Cherokee) to anyone because of the electrical problems they have since they are built on the same platform.

Radiator issues experienced
By d

2013 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

i have a dodge durango 2013 and the one thing i have an issue with is the Radiator. I am being told i have to replace my second radiator for a third one and it is not covered under warranty. $800 bill. I have never heard of having to replace two radiators on a car with no accidents. Does anyone know if Dodge Durango have a radiator issue?

Durango HEMI CREW FWD, 2013 Model
By Don-Bob

2013 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my 'RANGO. It makes me feel like a teenager driving a muscle car. The difference is, I have child safety seats in the rear for my Grand Children. It's a solidly built, way cool, totally awesome vehicle. The highway mileage on long trips at 26-27 MPG makes me amazed at the technology and engineering involved in sculpting this work of art. The platform is excellent. The third row seating is a bonus, although big guys like me might not want to try to fold themselves up to climb in back there. But as far as comfort, convenience, safety, all 5 stars in my book. The cool factor is very high with me too. It looks marvelous. I added aftermarket tint and wind deflectors to the windows, some body side moulding, and running boards. It's a bad-assed Grandpa hotrod. The Grandkid's all love to be in it, ride in it, and they all talk about this car. It passes the grandkid test with 5 stars. I plan on driving this until the last bolt falls out. Chrysler should notify me personally if it's to be discontinued at any point because I would buy the last model year of it in the future. It's only going to get better going forward. I would love to attach a pic of my beautiful 'Rango here, but there are no provisions for that.

R/T POWER + BLACKTOP style = One Hot Kid Taxi
By Danielle

2013 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Durango!!! I have every option available and the kids love it. It has ample USB ports, storage and an outlet for plugging in chargers. The speakers are not top quality and I was disappointed. The navigation is less than impressive and hard to use. It tells me wrong information. The ride in the 2nd and 3rd row seats is rough and the seats are stiff. BUT the power of the hemi is worth every penny. The sleek style and blacktop package match my personality and demand attention. ONE HOT RIDE FOR ONE HOT MOM!

Happy for Dodge
By Jerry C

2013 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

They made this one properly. Good for Dodge/Mercedes.