Used 2011 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Not sure!!!!
By AJ

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a car and less than 48 hrs had to be towed. After contacting the dealership they we pretty much like “sorry bud”. Never offered to help or no what the problem was... never received our tag which the salemen could get off the car because he didn’t have the tool. After 3 week of not receiving our tag I contacted the salesman abd he said he had found out we did not need it.... cabin filter was full of volleyball size cotton from a mouse. Car was nasty when we arrived and they knew we were coming and did not clean it before we got there... We were driving 2 1// hrs to see suv so when asked the salesmen’s details on the cosmetic of the car he said it was slick and no problem but one small crack in the running board. When we arrived front headlight was cracked BAD and the tail light was full of water. Not very good service if you ask me! Just be ware

Love this suv
By Pat

2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nice suv. Easy to drive. Great turning radius and stable ride. Purchased a 100000 mile 7 yr warranty, glad I did but I do this with every car I buy. Love the looks and comfort of this durango and the roomy interior. This is my second Durango and may buy a 3rd in a year or so. This car is fun to drive and feels solid. My 2011 still looks great and as with any car I know there will be issues because of increased mileage but I made a great choice with this one.

Wasn't looking for a Durango, But....
By Jim

2011 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was actually looking at a Ford Explorer but after a test drive, I wasn't impressed for the price tag. Found this Durango on the "used" lot and after a test drive, went into to make a deal. After driving for a few weeks, I love it. It had all the bells and whistles for thousands less than a many "standard" new SUV's I looked at. I don't have a commute for work so the gas mileage wasn't a factor, and it's not that bad. After owning several six cylinder vehicles, the 5.8 liter Hemi is a pleasure to drive. When going over a speed bump or other road roughness, it sometimes has a weird "clunk" that I can't seem to identify and is a bit worrisome, but otherwise I love it so far.

Lemon
By Nick C

2011 Dodge Durango Crew 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2011 Durango crew awd used with 33k miles in good condition. At 67k miles the alternator went out and killed the battery with it. Left my wife and kids stranded in the middle of the road. There is not a voltage gauge on the vehicle to give any warning not were there any performance problems before hand to indicate an issue. Did research and found that the alternators on the 3.6 pentastar dodges had a recall. Contacted dodge and mine conveniently wasn't covered because it is 210 amp not the 160 amp that's covered. At 72k miles the front tires wore very badly and steering was all over the place. Had to replace inner and outer tie rods along with tires and alignment. There is a intermittant clunking noise while driving coming from the front end. Took a Saturday to investigate where the noise was coming from only to find oil pouring out of the top of the motor and several oil leaks in various places on the engine. Did more research and found that the genius engineers designed a plastic oil cooler/filter combo that sits under the intake manifold and is prone to failure on these engines. Had to order the part and spend two days fixing replacing the part because again the engineers placed the motor about an inch and a half too far under the cowl to make this a semi easy repair. Fast forward to 82k miles the starter went out again leaving my wife stranded at the store. Towed to the dealership... $1000 repair...to replace a starter. Attempted to do it myself but due to the position of the starter in conjunction with the motor mount and see made it a near impossible task on a garage floor. Still have a clunking noise in the front end I'm assuming is the cv axles, but am so frustrated with this vehicle that I'm looking forward to trading it in on a non dodge vehicle. Dodge has offered no support nor stood behind their product so I can no longer stand behind them

Alternator and PCM failure 2011 Dodge Durango
By Mayra L

2011 Dodge Durango Citadel 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

2011 Dodge Durango the alternator and PCM go out and they did not cover under recall. All of these Dodge vehicles need to be covered regardless of amps. I will never buy Dodge again!!!!