Used 2006 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

How I wish car seats fit properly
By Sheri

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My only issue with the Dodge Durango is that i cannot get my infant car seat to fit properly when rear facing... even if I move the passenger seat all the way forward (so no one can sit in the passenger seat if this is done). Not impressed at all that I bought an SUV (family oriented vehicle) and I cannot even safely transport my child). What a waste of money.

All the bells and whistles

More room between front and 2nd row seating to accommodate rear facing car seats properly.

Electical Gremlins
By gchandkeh

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My major complaint is all electrical. I have now had my 06 Durango in the shop twice for electrical issues. Radio turns down by itself, windshield wipers come on by themselves, tranny not shifting into gear, lights will flash when the car is not even on, ABS light coming on for no reason. Other than this I am satisfied.

Hemi, third row seating, leather, t.v.

Cupholders on both sides of vehicle in the 3rd row and speakers in the 3rd row. Kinda hard for the kids to hear all the way back there.

It's got a Hemi
By ronezinc

2006 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got rid of my anemic performing 4.7 V- 8 Dakota that wouldn't tow worth a hoot, got a Hemi that gets better gas mileage (multi displacement technology) and tows great.

The Hemimotor and all the creature comforts of the limited package.

Would like to see a dual zone climate control.

Rebate kills trade in
By Rebate kills tradein

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The truck is pragmatic for large families. Handling, agility, speed etc etc is all comporable to it's competition. The Hemi would be the only outstanding characteristic above other trucks of it's class. I have owned two and have a family of 5 so, I know and appreciate the value the Durango, but objectively, there is nothing spectacular for consumer reviews. If you like the the cosmetics and are planning to keep it for the life of the loan, then you will get your money's worth. If you like to trade every two years you will be disappointed with ground truth trade in value of this depreciating asset.

Size. Wife, three kids, two dogs and luggage for a week is no problem.

Lower the price or stop giving rebates. Depreciates way too fast because of rebates.

Dodge Strong!
By Bill D.

2006 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd SUV that I have owned. The Durango is a very well-built, durable vehicle. I see myself owning this vehicle for at least 8-10 years. The only complaint that I have is that it seems like there is a very minute exhaust leak sound coming from that general vacinity. I took it to the dealership, but after they replaced the exhaust manifold, it seems like I can still hear it. The sound is very slight. If you're not listening for it, you really can't hear it.

Stronger plastic seat belt moldings for the bottom of the driver and passenger seats. Also, the 3rd row could use another cup holder on the right side.