Used 2004 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Overall, great Experience
By Matt B

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was raised with practicality in mind when it comes to vehicles- ignore brand loyalty, just buy the best option available. The Dodge is very reasonably priced for the vehicle you get. Make sure your dealership has great customer service ratings though- our engine made a ticking noise before warming up after 2 years. Dealership told us 'all Durangos do that. It took us threatening to tell media of problem for them to agree to look into issue again. Exhaust manifold had warped because of impurities in metal. Fixed that problem- after another service, was making rattling noise- dealership hadn't completely tightened part. The vehicles has been perfect, it's the cust service w/ problem.

6 CD Changer, hands free control, blue tooth, heated seats, DVD player, speakers, overall setup of controls.

The center console lid squeaks on bumpy roads because of rubber on plastic...had to fabricate a piece to prevent noise. Quiet cabin down a smidgen and clearly IMPROVE MILEAGE

Great SUV
By durango girl

2004 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 Durango and swore I'd never own one again, but after riding in the 2004 I changed my mind. There is plenty of room and it is a comfortable ride. I didn't get the hemi because I wanted better gas mileage. I haven't had any complaints about power and I've go 19 mpg on the highway. Mileage around town is usually 15 mpg.

Feels tough when driving, plenty of room, parts are inexpensive, minimal repairs

Better gas mileage, higher quality interior

I'll buy another one!
By flower

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

When I'm ready for another vehicle this one will go to my daughter who at that time will be getting her license. Then I'll buy another newer Durango. I've loved it since we bought it!

Heated seats, having great performance in an SUV

It would've been nice to have below- seat cargo, like some minivan models have.

King Of The Road
By RAYROC

2004 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Runs well, although engine isn't as solid as i'd like it to be and the driver compartment is very noisy at higher speeds.

The dvd entertainment system with 2 wireless headset speakers allows the kids to watch what they want and allows me to listen to what i want on the radio while I drive.

Quieter cabin, back up sonar, and trailer kit as standard options.

Dependable SUV
By maeich1

2004 Dodge Durango SUV ST 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Durango for just about 4 years now and I am getting ready to trade it for a crossover. My Durango has been very dependable and gave us lots of room for the kids plus. My only complaint is the limited visability on the left side of the front windshield die to a bulky frame. As with all large SUV's, the Durango get terrible gas milage. I have always consistently averaged 13 mpg. But overall I have loved the truck. If you need the space of a large SUV it's a great choice.

3rd row seating. Large glovebox, 90 degree opening doors for 2nd row.

Improve visability from front windshield. As with all SUV's: a way to improve mpg.