Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

I would've never thought
By Mrs. P

2004 Dodge Durango Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Chevy Tahoe and the GMC. I decided to step outside the box and ended up falling in love with this vehicle. I has all the luxuries for a better price.

All of the features are my best. I love this vehicle.

Rear airbags and dual a/c

Yeehaaaa
By JAT

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Yes it is hard on gas, show me a SUV full size able to tow 8500 lbs that is not. Still better than my pops 85 two door chev. Stay away from Dodge service if possible, lots of local mechanics have the computer diagnostic available. No issue as of yet, just loving it. Kids love the whole dvd thing, wife loves being high up and safe thing, I love knowing I can pass at anytime.

Difference between Hemi and smaller engines, about 3 mpg more 60% of the fun.

Put scratch resistant material on rear door panels. HUD would be nice.

Awesome SUV
By manolito31

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This has been the best SUV I've ever driven (and I've driven Land Cruisers, Montero Sport, Montero, Murano, CR-Vs, Rav4s, Ford Explorers.) It's so quiet, pretty solid, pretty good off-road, all though I haven't been able to get more than 12 MPG in the city, I still recommend this vehicle for everyone looking for an spacious car for the family and pretty good on long trips.

6 CD Changer Stereo, 3rd. row seats.

MDS on 3.7 and 4.7 liter engines.

Excellent Choice!
By golfgti47

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently bought my Durango used. I am single and don't actually need this vehicle but I have since found it so useful! It tows my 6000 pound car trailer with ease, even with 3.55 gears in my Hemi. Power is great and is always available, I average about 13/18 but if I want to take it easy I can easily get 21-22 MPG on the highway. I only wish the 2nd row had more legroom but the 3rd row easily has the Tahoe beat for overall comfort and space. Overall this vehicle was an excellent buy! It looks great, drives great and has just about every feature I could want! At 101K miles it still feels like brand new! I highly Recommend this car! Dont buy any other till you atleast test drive this car!

HEMI!! Limited equiptment group. Sound system is Excellent!

2nd row legroom.

Comfortable and reliable
By Connie

2004 Dodge Durango Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the second Durango I have owned and I would definitely buy another. I recently just had the first mechanical problem I've had with either. The power steering got metal shavings in it which broke the pump and had to be replaced. Because I purchased an extended warranty that covered the pump it cost me $300. I have had many cars and this is by far the most comfortable. The stereo is nice, the heated and power seats are great, and there is plenty of room for my entire family. The powerful engine is nice too, but I wish it got better gas mileage. It's not much worse then the 04 Pilot I owned, however.

Heated seats, sound system, DVD player, third row, moon roof

Gas mileage. Power steering should be able to hold up under a few cookies.