Used 2004 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

2004 dodge durango
By coolsamuel1123

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

hello every one i just got a used 2004 dodge durango in dec of 2011 i have had a month know and have put over 2500 miles on it and i love it every mile that i drive it the ride is very nice

Best Vehicle I've ever owned
By daboyds

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I ordered my 2004 Durango while stationed overseas in Germany.
It was shipped to me there from the U.S., and we used it for 2 years traveling all over Europe.
We then shipped it back to the U.S. and then to Australia where we used it in the middle of the Australian Outback with the extreme heat, red dirt and dust.
We've recently moved back to the U.S. again and we still have our Durango and have never had any issues with it at all.
Matter of fact, we've only had it in the shop for routine maintenance.
This vehicle has been from the cold in Russia/Europe to the heat of the Australian Outback with out any issues at all.
We just LOVE it it!!!

Reliability!!! DVD player for the kids. It's very roomy. Built tough!!!

None!!

Surprisingly Reliable! Sporty and roomy
By kristinholmes

2004 Dodge Durango ST Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had not ever owned an American car (and I'm 48 years old) because I thought they were not reliable.
so when we bought this one used with 37,000 miles from a dealership we also bought the biggest maintenance warranty available for $2500.00. Turned out the only repair ever needed in the last 3 years only cost about $360.
It was for a broken motor mount and some kind of a gasket on the exhaust system.
It has been very reliable and I would recommend it.
Ours now has about $80,000 on it and still going strong.

Versatile storage configuration and 7 seats. Back storage bin under floor board. tow package. Extra dc jacks

The seats could be a little softer.

By Katrina

2004 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Durango in 2005. I now have 81,000 miles and I haven't had any major problems. I've only replaced the battery and brakes. I drive 50 miles each day and I love the smooth ride and reliability. The Infinity sound system is impressive! I can seat 7 people comfortably. The only negative thing is the poor gas mileage.

Infinity sound system and comfort.

The BEST SUV of all time!
By BEST SUV EVER!!!!!

2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just broke the 100k mile mark on my truck and i can't say it enough, this has got to be the BEST SUV EVER! I have owned 2 Explorers, an Expedition, and even a 4runner(BIG mistake) Out of all of them the Durango is a far superior SUV. I have done everything with this truck over the years, from hauling the family around to towing other cars to using it as my daily commuter car. It has never, EVER let me down! That thing just won't give up! Over the past few years the only maintenance I've done was change the oil and change to a new set of tires, that's it in over 5 years that's all I have had to do. It still looks and runs like brand new! I will definitly recommend this truck!

The best has got to be the HEMI!

Get the rear window to open. Do it like the 4Runner the power down/open feature is the best thing about that rat trap!