Used 2003 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Nice Ride
By NICE RIDE

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a year and a half ago. it barely had 14000 miles on it and was in perfect condition. I paid $15.5k for it and got it for a steal. I had heard a lot of bad things about the Durangos but for the price, I could not pass it up. I have driven this car across the country twice and have not had ANY problems with it.

The v8 engine definitely has power. This car rides so smooth that you honestly can not tell the difference between 10mph and 100mph.

The only inprovement i would suggest is to make the back seats just a little bit bigger.

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4x4 4.7L
By wizz

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a SXT model with the small 4.7 v8 and was getting around 18-19mpg hwy, till I installed a magnaflow powerpack muffler and a cold air intake. Now I'm getting around 380-400 miles to a tank full of 24 gals. That's strictly highway though. But when you kick down into passing gear you can feel a huge difference in power and almost watch the fuel needle go down. 0-60/6.1sec--1/4mile/15.42. 3.55axle 265/70x16 tires. Can't wait to see what happens when I put headers on and tune it. Love that 4.7!

Suspension, engine performance, seating, and appearance.

Tranny shifting is to slow, oil filter location, ignition system design wierd.

Extreme fun
By 03sxtowner

2003 Dodge Durango SXT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just bought my '03 SXT 2wd. I love it. It handles like a sports car. I own a '02 Intrepid and I have never had a problem with it as well. There are so many possibilities with this truck. I can't wait. I am a forever Dodge owner from now on. I have 4 kids and they love the comfort of the seats and the drive.

The power of the motor

A sun roof and better instrument cluster

Nice Ride for a Permit Driver
By SDC

2003 Dodge Durango SXT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Weve had our Durango for 4 yrs. Its great, though the water pump was damaged by a rock causeing the engine to overheat way too much and blow. Other than that this is one damn fine truck.

The V8 the tranny and the comfort

Good, but not great
By Derden

2003 Dodge Durango SLT Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If I had to buy a vehicle over again, this would not be the one, even if gas prices were not so high. It was a good vehicle, but only for the first couple of weeks I had it. I spend an averge of $600 dollars a month on a vehicle that I don't care about.

It is wide. 3rd row seating and how it folds down to give me more room.

Air condition routing. Better gas mileage. More leg room for the driver.