Used 2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Love my Durango
By Mopar2008

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got this Durango after my car was totaled in a hailstorm. I am very pleased with it. It has plenty of power when needed and is just the right size for me. So far it hasn't given me any problems. I am not going to complain about the gas mileage because I knew what I was getting into when I got it.

Power, design

Should have included a slightly better sound system.

Love it!
By Daigs

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had great luck with my Durango. Only complaint is that the balljoints had to be replaced but that is common with these. Other than that, it's been flawless. I've got about 100,000 miles on it, no issues. The 4.7L V8 is a great engine!

Power. Love the 4.7L

Front suspension

Love my Durango!
By AlaskaMamaBear

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought this Durango as 2nd owners from a rental liquidator and were worried. But we have had no problems what-so-ever. I trust this vehicle in the Alaskan elements with my children on board. It's been a wonderful family vehicle. I feel very safe with the side curtain airbags in the both the front and back seats. I couldn't live without the third row seat! The cargo area is spacious enough for our two dogs, or a full Costco run, and has made a conveinent diaper changing station on more than one occasion! We've taken excellent car of our Durango, but I have to say it has taken even better car of us.

Durango R/T
By Ryan

2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

No breakdowns except for standard service calls. One emission sensor failed during warranty.

Good performance. Excellent leather seating and styling with seude accents and special details. Excellent factory wheels and tires. Good seating for 7. Nice brakes and handling for an SUV of this size.

No auto climate control. Need to improve gas mileage. Tire wear could be better. Reduce cost of standard service. Need to lower overall operating costs (gas, std service, tire wear)

I Love This "Thing"
By Smiley

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since the first time I saw a Durango, I have always been intrigued by them. I finally bought one, and thus far I am very happy with it. I love that it is truck based, because I like to tow now and then. I also like the ability to drive through mud and snow. Love the fact it has a third row and makes a person feel as though they are in a tank. If you want a capable vehicle this is for you. If you just want a people hauler I suggest a mini-van or car based SUV, because this thing only gets about 13 mpg. Ride is pretty good.

Heated seats, AWD. I love leather, big rims for big tires. Aggressive and advanced looks. Great sounding V8. Steering wheel controls for the radio.

My Durango does not have ABS in the front and that is someting I would really like. My previous vehicle (1996 Grand Cherokee) had 4-wheel ABS and that is a really nice feature in North Dakota-Minnesota. I combated this with some new tires, but still get the ABS all around if you can it is worth it.