Used 2002 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews - 128 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Dodge Durango

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Damn good SUV
By NYFREEZE

2002 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have to say we bought this SUV and it already had 90,000 on it. Was a little worried about the millage but 2 yrs latter no worries at all. Are Durango currently has 123,000 and drives and looks new. Normal cost to operate tires, oil, mostly preventive maintenance. I live in upstate NY and the winters are very harsh and the 4x4 comes in very Handy. We only put it in 4wd when needed. We have a family of 6 and got sick and tired of the mini van thing and this took its place very admirably. Will never go back. Besides once you drive this in the winter you wont want anything else. Took this SUV everywhere.

We love everything yes I said everything. From the power to its looks to the room it has, and the safety provides. To bad the newer style looks to bulky and wimpy.

Many people would say gas here but it's a SUV. This is a V8 with power not a 4cyl.

Loved my Durango
By Happy Owner

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First I wasn't a fan of the Durango I only purchased it because the price was right and it was 4x4. I have to say the vehicle was great, I never had any major problems with it and I would have kept it forever had I not have totaled it. Keep up the regular oil changes, etc and you will love this car and it will be good to you!

Reliable!

3rd SUV I've Owned, and the BEST
By K-D

2002 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the SXT in 2005 and am still driving it daily. Love the engine and the look that is distinct vs Explorer, Trailblazer, etc. Great cargo room and perfect for weekend trips. Tows the 18 foot bass boat and trailer with ease. I owned a 1989 Blazer and a 1996 Explorer, and this has been MUCH better than the Blazer ever was, and even better than the Explorer (which was also very very good). In 4.5 years, I've just had oil changes, brake pads, and tires. Not a single maintenance issue outside of those regular ones. Drinks a lot of fuel, but I knew that going into the deal. I highly recommend this vehicle and will likely buy another Durango (hope they didn't change it too much).

GREAT V-8 with good sound and more power than the other 2 V-8 SUV's I've owned. Great cargo room and a comfortable cabin. Good size wheels and tires even on my base model SXT.

Hard to find any negatives, but fuel economy is an issue these days I guess. Also don't need the running boards. They are unnecessary to me.

Awesome first car
By AUSTIN

2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got this as my first car about 2 months ago... I LOVE IT. I got a WELL MAINTAINED one, which explains why it hasn't fallen apart. I live in the hills, yet still get decent gas mileage. It drives like a dream. My friends love it. My dad loves it. Even my mom who hates suv's loves it. I have been camping, off roading, and have taken a road trip already. It's perfect for all of these things.

engine, design, seats, cargo capacity (after only having a saturn and a civic to haul cargo in for 9 years), and the transmission.

nothing really...

Best SUV ever owned!
By Trex20165

2002 Dodge Durango R/T 4WD 4dr SUV (5.9L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a fantastic vehicle. I have owned it since new and now have 105,000 miles on it. The 5.9L engine has been bulletproof and the A/C is still ice cold. The R/T has limited slip differentials and the best traction of any 4-wheel drive I have owned. The exhaust system sounds great and the truck still drives like new. Original Goodyear Wrangler tires lasted 80,000 miles! My only complaint is the fuel economy which is about 12 around town.

Heated Leather seats, Exhaust system sound