Used 2000 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

I Like Durangos
By carolyn

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

I've always liked the looks of the Dodge Durango which attracted me to them in the 1st place. I have driven 2 different Durangos for a 10 yr period and am seriously considering purchasing a new one. The only thing I've replaced since 2000 is the brakes and an electric window mechanism

The size and design

I always like new metallic color choices.

Bad engine
By larry

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have 90,000 miles and 2 pistons broke. Rebuilt engine and repairs are $7,200. I had been having problems with the engine for 6 months. The 4.7 litter engine costs as much as a racing engine. Until the problems and the price I really enjoyed my Durango. The front suspension makes noise sometimes. I’ve had it checked and they said everything was tight, but it doesn’t sound like it. I want to lift it but 99 was the last year I can find a decent lift kit for.2000 can only be lifted 3 inches and that’s not worth the cost of the lift.

The 4 wheel drive works well. Good power.

The transmision is very low. Can't go 4x4 in deep or tall terain

Solid SUV
By Dodge Fan

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Just hit 75K miles and extremely pleased. Bought new in 2000. I read a few ugly reviews here and I wonder if that's because they don't have the 4.7 - solid engine. Or it could be that they drive hard (ie floor it regularly, take corners hard, etc). I also laugh at those who complain about gas mileage - Hello, this is a full- size SUV! Did they think you were buying a hybrid? I've only had a few minor bugs. I'll keep driving the Durango hopefully for another 75K.

Old classic Durango body style (Dodge should back to this), 4.7 engine, 3rd row seat and fun for the very occasional off-road venture.

A/C is not that strong, but I live in Phoenix where it reached 114 today, so I can't compain too much.

Towing Machine
By Jeff

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

It does have some rattles and pops but with 105,000 miles, not too bad. Great towing SUV. Pulls our camper with no problems with the 5.9, 360 engine. Have had to replace some motor components but nothing real costly.

Towing power

Better oiling system

Good Truck
By Elaine Boidi

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

Truck has been very sound. No problems mechanically, just normal wear and tear. Other than the gas mileage I love it.

4wd, 3rd seat

Gas mileage. Cargo bag in the back. Blind spots in front. Make key console and cup holders a little more efficient