Used 2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Worst car I have owned
By Cameron

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. It has been in the shop more than I have driven it. At a year and a half old the turbo had to be replaced. At two years old it would get stuck in first gear and would stall out ten seconds after starting it. This car is unreliable. It is good on gas, looks nice, drives nice, and is a comfy ride. However those do nothing for me if the car will not run. All the while having 30,000 miles or less on it.

My Biggest Regret!!
By Thai Tran

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car brand new when initially introduced to the market in late 2012. I purchased this car under emotional stress due to the Sandy storm which completely flooded my Audi, totaling it. So the decision to purchase the Dart was more impulsive and out of desperation.
Fast forward 3 years later, i'm now having problems with the engine and the engine light comes on sporadically throughout my ownership. I'm not getting the fuel efficiency that is proudly advertised by Dodge. The fuel cap gets stuck and doesn't open during cold weather. When the weather gets below 30, my car has trouble recognizing my FOB key, with issues that causes it not to work reliably.

2013 Dodge Dart
By Amber Brown Baldwin

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my Dodge Dart brand new from the dealer in December 2012. I have had it in the dealership twice now for severe issues. The latest reason; my steering wheel locked up, radio and dash controls went black after all the lights on the dash came on with a service steering wheel error popped up. Once I came to a stop realized my steering wheel was not in my control, radio was still black. Heater turned up all the way, unable to turn it down or control it. Parked the car and now its going back in to the dealer! I paid a fortune for this car. If I had been going faster than I was I would have been severely injured in a wreck when my steering wheel locked up. Would not buy!

Interior is beautiful. Sleek design on the outside. Interior is not roomy for a taller person!

Taller roof for 6 ft plus; cloth seats stain very easily; would change material.

Thanks to the 2013 Dart Aero I will never buy another Dodge
By winphreak

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had to have TCM reprogrammed and replaced several times, transaxle seal replaced, transmission valve body replaced. Still have issues with the transmission. Currently, reverse does not work and the car can barely go over 40 mph. The car has been at the dealer more than 5 times now for transmission problems. I wish I never bought this death trap. Starting a lemon law claim with Chrysler. Hopefully they offer a 100% buy back like I've seen a few other customers report.

Gas mileage when you can actually drive the car.

Transmission is horrible.

Good car for a Good price
By jbrown33

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first brand new car and I must say I am rather pleased at how it has held up in the past year. I read so many bad reviews about this car but i must say i have very little to no issues and i've put the poor thing through the ringer in the past year adding 45000km. I lived in northern mb for my first winter with the car and was a little concerned about how it would hold up in -40C weather but it did great. I never had trouble starting it. The only issue i had was hose claps kept cracking in the cold causing me to leak coolant, which resulted in my engine over heating but that's about it. I love the way the car drives and handles it has such a solid feel to it, not cheap or rattly

placement of truck and gas release optional leather for any trim and the katskinz hold up better than most factory I find spacious compartment under the passenger seat simple and tasteful interior and exterior design racerback tail lights

power seating for middle(sxt) models with lumbar support better quality paint I find it scratches and chips easily