Used 2013 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Dart

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

enjoy like a porsche... cost like a pinto
By aaron hughes

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a pitch black 2013 dodge dart, and I added tinted windows and paid for some extras. The car drives very well for the cost! The depreciation on the blue books are stupid to drop the value so much. I have had very little trouble with this car. I take care of car with oil changes, pay for the better gas now and then will help the performance. I enjoy the looks to be sporty, has been very reliable... I do believe this is not a car for 4 persons to ride in across the country though. Buying this car for one or two persons is what is for. Not a family car to have unless you just want the baby seat in the back. Acceleration is awesome. A great buy and I don't plan on wanting to sell it anytime soon. So [non-permissible content removed] the blue book that way!

Dodge Dart SXT Honest Review
By Andy

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car back in 2016 with 6,600 miles and it now has 17,500. I have had no problems with the car besides one small flaw. It seems whenever the weather changes drastically the wiring glitches. A couple of times my airbag lights would come on only to turn off after a few minutes of driving. This only happened when the weather shifted over night. I live in Chicago and this is my daily driver. I had no problems in the rain or snow. I have also driven this car on plenty of road trips between 100-300 miles trips, not once an issue. I do not know what people are saying about noise or shaking around 70mph because I had to issues and my average highway speed is 90. Highest I went was 96 and still no issues. I routinely inspect my car and change the oil myself every 3,000 miles. It seems to me people do not know how to properly maintain their vehicles. The MPG is great, on highways I would record the mpg on trips. I easily hit between 31-34 mpg on trips which is great, about $25-30 to fill from E. My Dart is an automatic with no touchscreen. A very basic SXT, but I do not need anything else. No complaints on the driving, the acceleration may feel lagged but it is a 4 cylinder small sedan. That's what you are buying, not a rt charger. It gets me from point A to point B. The brakes are very well, numerous times I would have to brake and the ABS kicked in and stopped pretty fast. I've had some people complain about the back seats not having a lot of room, but most of my passengers are 6+ ft so I would expect that in a small little sedan. I am 6'02 and I have no problem with the room, easily an average sized male can fit into this car. My suggestion is test drive the car, if you like it then buy it. When I was looking for a car I had no intentions of buying this car until I sat in the driver seat. Instantly I wanted it. If you have doubts then do not buy it. You buy a car that you like and are happy with. Buying a car is always a chance. There is problems with every company and every car they make, not one is perfect. So far im liking my purchase, if anything for some reason does happen I will sure update this ASAP

Update: Still no problems, the traction control light would come on and I took it in and there was a recall with a vacuum hose that actually ended up being the problem. Cost me nothing and was fixed within an hour.

Dont do it
By Kathleen

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My late husband bought this car for me on February 26th 2013 . In the beginning I was taking it in a lot for minor things to the recalls . But every time I got it back the check engine light would come on. I have replaced the tires twice, both headlights and now it only has 40,000 miles on it and the engine has been replaced took them 72 days to replace it. Also had to take it back twice after the engine replacement to get the turbo hose changed and for them to reconnect the AC. And now they have had it again for 4 weeks to replace a hose. From the engine replacement to this hose issue has all been in less than 6 months.

Update. I'm still having issues with this car. Now my turbo is acting up

I really enjoy this car
By Keyan

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

So I have owned two darts in my lifetime and sadly my first one got totaled while I was stationed in Germany. Im on my second one now and I have nothing but stress free driving owning this car. Ill break this down based on the overall rating breakdown. PERFORMANCE: The 2.0 I have doesn't have enough power for the weight of the car so acceleration is pretty slow but steering is excellent. The car always feels connected to the road and I really enjoy curvy roads in this car. The transmission is just ok unless its in manual mode. COMFORT: I have the fabric seats and they are just fine for me but I am only 5'6 so that will vary from person to person. Also the car is pretty solid on the road and stays very quiet with the right tires. CARGO: Trunk space is good and seats fold pretty flat. INTERIOR: I have the base interior so not that exciting but everything works. If your looking to buy this car you should look for one with the tech package. SAFETY: I was in a really bad accident with my last Dart and I honestly I didn't feel a thing even though I was T-Boned by a car going 100kph. I think its very safe. TECH: My only tech is bluetooth and the USB plug and they both suck at times Some times it takes a while to connect. RELIABILITY: So far after 80,000 miles I have had zero problems with this car and maintenance has been cheap but if I have any major problems ill update this. VALUE: This is a good car for the money but im not sure about the long term vale since the Dart is no longer in production. OVERALL: This is a nice car but I would recommend the 2.4 if you are looking to buy one because of the bigger engine.

It's a computer/laptop on wheels
By Lori

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had no idea how computerized this car would be. I have a 2013 turbo and I have had to replace the voice module 2x, transmission module 1x and a couple others. I have to take in my car to the dealership roughly twice a year for a system update. Again, it's a computer on wheels. When any modules go out, it's as if you are on the blue screen of death. It scares me to drive it out of town so I have been renting cars for over a year now at least once a month, but I also rent because I have put on 82,000 miles on my car. The computer aspect, very unsettling. One more downside, if you are tall or a larger individual or plan to use it to drive 4 teens or adults, I hope you are going only a short distance because you are going to be cramped. The trunk space fits groceries. On the positive, with the exception to everything said prior, I love this car! There is a short lag but once you get past that, you are gone. I love the sound of it when I turn it on and drive it but then, I'm a gal that has owned a '69 Camaro and '69 Chevelle so I like my cars to be heard. My car is a limited edition and it has everything you can imagine. Would I buy it again? It is more computer than machine so I would have to say no. When anything computerized goes out, you are stuck wherever it decided to stop which means you are at its mercy. I need something I can depend and rely on. This isn't that car. There have been many electrical problems. Don't buy it unless if you are comfortable driving a computer/laptop on wheels.