Used 2010 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Searched for this vehicle almost a year....
By Louisa Allyn

2010 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab BigHorn 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Andy is my honey. I looked and looked and the few I found (the LAST year 2011, you could get the Dakota) had so many miles on them, ugh! AND it seemed almost NO ONE ponied up the extra $80 for the 392 rear end; which if you tow, you HAVE to have. There he was, over at Santa Cruz VW, just waiting for me. So big and arctic white and handsome. Andy had 60something thousand miles, truck liner, four wheel drive, Big Horn, A/C that'll blow you out of the cab and back big enough for my Ridgeback (Jani is a good girl) and handlable for a Gal like me. Most trucks were just too big to get out of a scrap on the open road. This truck is perfect. I get (for a truck) good gas mileage and it can tow (all day long, thanks to the 392 rear end) my camper trailer, my X-1, my utility trailer fully loaded, and my ranch vehicle Rav-4. It says it can tow 5,000 pounds + but I really wouldn't put more than 4,000 pounds behind it, just sayin'. Good luck finding another truck like this. Andy is my honey and I'm keepin' him.

Best truck I have had yet.
By Bob Dreewes

2010 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab BigHorn 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this PU as my retirement truck. It has been excellent. In the past 7 years it is still like new and has never let me down. It just passed 23,000 miles and still running great. I have have guys walk up and ask if I was thing of selling it. I replaced the original tires as they were starting to check on the rim. It uses no oil between changes which occur every 2,000 miles.