Used 2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Great Truck
By Steve C.

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab ST 4dr Club Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2006 Club Cab about 19 months ago. I currently have 31,800 miles on it. Few complaints or problems. I love the large center arm rest. Very comfortable driving position. The 3.7 liter v-6 is adequate, but could use a little more power. My only complaint is that when you hit a bump, the front suspension rattles & sounds loose. Also, the blind spots are rather large which makes it difficult when pulling out of certain types of intersections. I like the styling and the interior is basic but it works well, after all it is a truck. I would recommend a Dakota to anyone who needs a truck. It's a great compromise between the smaller compact trucks & the full size gas guzzlers.

I love the large center armrest. The bed is a great size. You can haul 8 foot items with the tailgate down. Gauges are large & easy to read.

Not The Greatest
By zclary923

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab ST 4dr Club Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I just bought this truck a little over a year ago and it has been pretty reliable for me. It seems to be put together pretty solid. The 3.7 L is very quiet, smooth, and feels refined. I have noticed that the truck seems to pull to the right some on the highway despite having a recent alignment, rotation, and balance done. Also the brakes are already squeaking some when coming to a stop which may or may not be because of the grime and buildup from driving it through Iowa winter. All around though it has been a good truck but if you are looking for something as your daily commuter buy a higher trim level with more options and get 4 wheel drive it makes your vehicle worth that much more.

Exterior styling, power rack and pinion steering, 3.7l refinement and quietness.

Horsepower and torque, the 3.7l is quiet and smooth but it is a dog and lacks and one bit of git up and go. More standard options, I wish I would have just bought a v8 4x4 instead. Cruise control, and power options should be standard not optional.

Great truck
By tallicahead

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab SLT 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My experience was great getting my truck. It was my first car that I have actually bought new. Truck handles like a dream around corners. I’d like to see a Chevy do that.

Being able to adapt my ipod into the stereo.

The only thing that I could stress on improving is when you build your car/truck on Dodge web page have the ability to add aftermarkets to what ever model it is. Because in the end it's yours.

Pretty good Ride
By sammyjay

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab SLT 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I drive this truck every day. My only complaint is that the gas mileage is significantly less than advertised.

Quad doors opening

Improve the gas mileage. Small rattles develop on gravel roads. Install standard remote start or at least a dealer installed option

Buy one, you will love it
By paul

2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab SLT 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I drive mostly highway and I am getting about 20-21 MPG on the highway. I love this truck, It's the first truck I have ever owned. I only wish I would have gotten the V8. I like the V6. I would go out and buy another Dodge and not think twice about it. I have not had one problem with it and I have 12,300 mile on it.

Everything

Better cup holders. Bigger side mirrors