Used 2005 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Dakota

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Awesome Truck and Great Value
By CHIEFZUSAF

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My brother and I looked for new pick up trucks for a few weeks when we came across our 2005 Quad Cab Laramie V-8 Dakotas. The dealer had a few left over '05s and they were fully loaded (except 4WD). We both purchased one each and the trucks are identical even down to the VIN minus the last digit. This truck has been one of the best vehicles I have owned. It is great looking in and out, has a very solid feel when driving with positive steering response , very good accelaration and stopping characteristics. The fuel economy is better than expected and over all we are both very happy with our trucks and would buy one again or highly recommend one to a friend or family.

2005 Dakota Q Cab
By hasel

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Other than a little cabin noise have found this vehicle sound and comfortable. Gas mileage I feel is OK.

Leather bucket seats,

Take the wind noise out of the cabin

My '05 Dakota
By mike Lovrinoff

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Dakota almost 2 yrs ago I drive a lot of highway miles. I find the Dakota stable at high speeds, comfortable, and the fuel economy at sustained speeds of 75mph not bad at 21mpg. I have the 6 cyl engine. It's not the peppiest engine but does an adequate job. (the Dakota does tip the scales at over 4,000lbs) The body is tight, the ride is smooth, and the bucket seats are comfortable for a big guy like me. My only complaint so far is that the the dashboard and radio lighting is inadequate in bright daylight. I can't read the letters and numbers on the radio! Overall the truck really is reliable, comfortable, and well put together

Comfortable interior, and the Sirius radio is great

Better lighting in the radio so I can read the info in bright daylight

Move over Toyota, Dodge Dakota is back..
By david autry

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Traded in a '96 Dakota with 189,000 miles. Dodge has been good to me, no trouble with ownership. 2005 Dakota is comfortably roomy and has power to move. Mileage on highway is 22.5. Love the design on the inside. It is bigger than the Tacoma. Love the satellite radio. 5 star crash test rating.

Love the power seat. Room on the inside. Comfort, power, and mileage.

Make a longbed

Great truck for my wife.
By Brett

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We do a lot of long distance trips and this has been one of the best, if not the best, vehicles we have purchased. We feel safe and comfortable but not overpowering as some of the large trucks appear. Visibility is great, handling is above average, and we have the power to do anything we would ever need a truck for, like pulling a trailer or boat. I like to do my own minor service and to see how well this truck is constructed underneath is impressive. A very well built truck that is very easy for me to work on. The interior room is the best of all competitors. What a truck! Thank you Dodge.

Leather seats, Alpine sound system. Large exterior mirrors. Great looks and abundant interior space.

Twin exhaust on HO V8