Used 2005 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews - 109 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Dakota

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

vibration
By dc

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab ST 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

can't seem to determine what the vibrations are caused by. Have had two complete break overhauls done. Only 35K miles. The dealer says "harmonic vibration" and no fix. Feels like it is missing, had plugs replaced at 30K, no impact. Disapointed in the truck overall. No more Chrysler for me.

Seats are comfortable.

Needs lots of redesign work.

100000 and still going strong
By joe pup

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck, bought to tow boat only mid size that would do it the V8 has good gas mileage average 18mpg have towed over 10,000 with it with no problems off road it fun. Only problem is I bent the u joint and that when I tried to pull 12000 lbs other then that, all normal wear and tear.

Power when I need it. Comfy inside.

None it a truck what do u want from a truck.

Happy with the truck
By Laramie1

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab Laramie Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After seeing some negative words, I had to jump on and defend this little truck. I'm not too demanding on the vehicle, but effortlessly pull my boat with it. Have found this truck to be responsive, easy to maneuver and reliable! Only problem ever encountered is vapor lock with a precocious locking gas cap, it makes the check engine light come on every once in a while after a fill up. Have had since new and am a very pleased owner.

4.7L V-8 gives you a punch if you need it.

Better gas mileage would be a plus. Don't know why the average is only about 17 unless they need to amend the wheel ratio.

Its OK, Lots of power
By FMH

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got the 4.7L v8 new and i have owned the vehicle for 60,000 miles. I get 16.9 mpg. The biggest and only issue i had with this truck was the oem front braking system that only lasted a few thousand miles. Lets just say after the nightmare of having to deal with there service dpt. I finally had enough and just spent the money and replaced all the front braking system. Suspension could also use some work.

Love the power with the 4.7L v8. fun to drive

who cares chrysler wont listen anyway

Great Truck!
By Don

2005 Dodge Dakota 4dr Club Cab Laramie 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have now owned this truck for over 3 years now and I must say it's the best pickup I have ever owned. I especially love the sound system- infinity speakers and 6 CD changer. It sounds better than my home system in fact. The car rides like a dream and the exterior chrome looks great. I got the Laramie edition. In snow, it makes driving to work fun and I love the heated leather seats when it is cold. The only complaint I have with this truck is the gas mileage, but all the other trucks get about the same, so you have to expect that when you have a pickup. All in all, great job from Dodge. Dakota rocks!

Infinity sound system, styling, ride

Nothing