Used 2004 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Dakota

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Great Mid/Full Size Truck
By Christopher

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first pickup and I couldn't be happier! The power, reliablity, comfort, style, rugged build is everything I wanted out of a truck. I test drove and researched a year before this purchase and I chose correctly! I like this truck far more than the new design! If you're a bigger person the Dakota is the way to go. Not quite full size but definitely bigger than the competition. I love it!

I love the four doors for convience and security. The spray in bedliner is the only way to go. The V8 has great power. I've towed the maximum and it had no problem what so ever.

I think it's great the way it is. Personalizing it with aftermarket improvements is the only suggestions I have.

So Far, So Good
By TEEJAY

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Well I now have 31k on this truck and no real problems as of yet. I am patiently waiting to see if the rumors are true about Dodge putting a 4.2lt cummings diesel in the Dakota in 08? If they do then I will trade my '04 in a flash. The 4.2l diesel gets close to 30mpg and has over 400ftlb of torque. I could pull my bass boat with eash and still get good gas mileage and the longevity of a cummings diesel. Great!

4 wheel discs. Spacious cab.

Put the diesel in the Dakota

I will probably always own a Dakota!
By chriscat870

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SXT Rwd SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

First Dodge and 3rd pickup I've owned. The other 2 were full size. They were a waste of money! The V6 only has 25 fewer horses than the V8 and gets about 18-19 mpg. Put a K&N filter and some exhaust and you'll get your horses back with even better mpg! Next to an Audi A6 Quattro, this is the funnest vehicle I have ever driven! It holds the road like a sports car, but carries cargo without strain. It does not do well in wet conditions, but that can be fixed with better tires. The fact that this model was viturally unchanged for 10 years should be a testament to the appeal of its looks.

Four doors with rear windows that roll all the way down. Awesome handling and looks!

Storage under rear seats. Better exterior paint. Better a/c venting and temp control (one click off max cold is instantly warm).

Versitile truck
By Wilgey

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab Sport Plus 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

This truck is all around value. It's great for weekend projects or that all important camping trip. Plenty of cargo room and with optional roof racks hauling longer items is a simple task.

Acceleration and handling in traffic is a breeze.

Better fuel economy. Back seat could use a little more leg room and comfort.

2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4WD SLT
By William Ryan

2004 Dodge Dakota 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

If I could get 10 more MPG out of this truck I would be happy. I love everything about it. If you live in a cold climate and you buy a Dakota Quad I would suggest getting the rear window defogger instead of the sliding rear window - you probably won't use the slider that much anyway.