Used 2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Consumer Reviews - 69 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

200,000 and still going strong
By dkellyw

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2001 Dodge Dakota (4x4 w/ 4.7L V-8) with about 150K miles on it. It now has 202,000 and still runs great. I started running Mobile 1 synthetic oil in it as soon as I bought it. The only serious problem I have had to fix was the leaking power steering pump. Typical Dodge truck. Mainly, that problem is just a nuisance. I did have to replace the main power window switch and the resistor for the heat/AC control, but those are cheap fixes you can do yourself. Other than that I love this truck. I am currently looking to buy a car because I know that the life of the truck is probably coming to an end, but she still starts every morning and I am gonna drive it until it quits.

4x4, quad cab roomy, good looking truck with tonneau cover.

Dodge needs to fix the power steering issue it has had for the last 20 years. I have yet to get a used Dodge truck that doesn't mark my driveway with power steering fluid.

2001 4.7L Club Cab
By canudrivestick

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Awsome truck. I inherrited it from my dad after I recieved my license almost 2 years ago. The only problem was he had driven it 190k miles before it got to me! So for the past two years I have enjoyed driving the truck and its pretty much perfect for me because of it maneuverability, power, and reliability. Unfortunately after 209,132 miles it has reached the end of the line. Will need serious work to fix the manifold and likely more after that. But with 12 years of driving in four season weather (brutal New England winters) and 210k miles how can I complain. Will be very sad to see it go.

4WD V8

A more complete center console...however it would eliminate the extra seat

Would I do it again ? NO
By fatuglyold

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Dodge Dakota, October
2000 for $22,000, from a Shelton dealership that was a pleasure to buy from. A crew cab with a V-8 , plenty of power for towing my
twenty foot trailer. It was the perfect fit for my growing family of four. It ran great for the first couple of years. It needs a new fuel pump to replace a check valve. It has had two radiators, a new AC pump, new front brakes and needs a new rear end. Will I buy another Dodge ?

It is a pleasure to drive. Plenty of power and comfort. But it will nick and dime you with maintance before you get to the first 100,000 miles. Jap cars will run for 200,00 before any maintance.

So I’ am in the market to get a new truck. So I check out the new trucks from both Dodge and Ford. So I go to their web sites and check out the features and prices are crazy !!! A great truck with all the features will run $55,000 dollars are you kidding me, My first house cost $55,000 dollars. Then, I see every truck on one lot has the smokers package, An ash tray and lighter cost an extra $30.00 . GPS, cameras and Satellite radio are excessive. So my point is that cars and trucks have become over built, over featured and overpriced. That customers have finally had enough of sticker shock and have refused to spend their hard earned money on over featured and low quality product

Dakota Quad 4.7 V-8
By robmir1

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 2WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 that I purchased in 2009 and it had 138,000 km I drove it only on occasion but now it is a 4.7 automatic daly driver and I have to say that it will handle what ever I make it do!. Wow My truck takes better care of me then I do of it... go figure? I believe that this truck was built on the right day of the week as it is not a lemon. And it is true about what day of the week it was built! Anyway I would buy a Dodge in a heart beat again and again.

Still Ticking
By D Coop

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4dr Quad Cab Sport 4WD (3.9L 6cyl 5M)

Saw some of the posts with mileage and thought I would post mine. I mine is a 4.7 have 219,800 and still going strong. Starting to use a little oil but what can you expect with those miles?