Used 2009 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Some Hits, Some Misses
By HFish1212

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased a used 09 SXT base with only optional power driver seat. This was a rental but I got a great price ($16,400) with only 29k miles. Some things are a hit while others are a miss. Pros: Styling (these with 22" rims and tint look awesome!), reliability, available features (not saying the one I got had any of them), price, size (hate small cars), rear wheel drive, interior which appears very easy to keep clean but is cheap plastic (good compared to other things that rip, weather). Cons: fueling cuts off during fill up because of tank design, cloth seats are uncomfortable- lumbar hits in upper back/ headrest is too far forward, no programmable seat positioning, weird key fob

style, engine choices, rear wheel drive, size, reliability

Add programmable seating, change seat design (make more comfortable), change fuel filler design so pumping doesn't force manual filling, make auto-on headlights standard, get rid of new key/fob design or at least make it smaller, come with 22" rims :)

Can't Believe I Have No Tickets Yets
By Puffy

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Putting gas mileage aside, this car is wonderful. I find every reason to go for a drive. It handles like a champ on all roads. After removing the Goodyear RS-As, my wet traction wet up. As far as gas mileage goes, it's better than I thought. I'm getting over 19 miles a gallon overall. But a 2-ton, 425HP vehicle is not bought for fuel conservation. Now for style. Turning heads is what this car does. At traffic lights I can see people looking at the car (police too). Whenever I park, usually there is someone complimenting the car or joking about getting tickets in it. They always say the same thing though........... "Nice car." And it is that.

Horsepower helps with the highway issues. Getting on the highway is not a problem at all. Because of the firm suspension, I enter highways at highway speeds. If I need to accelerate, still not a problem. Also, I purchased a Diablo Predator to adjust the settings on the ecu. More power and mileage.

If it is possible, getting the MDS on the SRT8 would be lovely. The RT model has it so maybe one day the SRT8 will too. That's all I can come up with. I love this car.

a night out
By got muscle?

2009 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

i broke 12 seconds at the drag track with micky tompson drag radial tires (stock out of the box! 12.90@ 106 mph

acceleration! braking and handling! and the aggresive mean look from someone elses rear view mirror!

just more perormance parts available through Mopar.

my rental
By phil

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for 10 days.It had 22K on odometer.Drove for app 3K miles from Alabama to NYC and then to NC mountains.Very comfortable,quiet,decent power.MPG blew mw away.At interstate driving slightly over posted speed I got a low of just over 26 and high of just over 30.I was expecting 22-23 range.That is great for a heavy, full size sedan.Only negative is the gas pedal feels too firm and a little out of comfort position,Other wise for a tall man, it was a pleasure to drive.I feel dodge won't hold value well so prob wouldn't buy a new vehicle, but a late model used charger should be fine.I will look for this model next time i rent.

Great in a Crash!
By dlp

2009 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We rented this car but the next day we were in a head-on collision in rush-hour traffic on an expressway in Tulsa. (Not our fault -- a driver next to us lost control, spun out and got turned around to face us.) All of us in the Charger walked away with NO injuries. We all drive smallish imports; we're all giving those cars second thoughts now. I know this isn't the kind of review Edmunds likes, but I hope they do post it, as safety can be a major issue in an auto purchase.

Great brakes!! And seatbelts!!! The ride, handling and spaciousness were also terrific features.