Used 2008 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 86 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

2008 Charger
By Josh

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2008 Charger 60,000 miles. w2.7 v6. The car is bid and I have had only two issues with this car. One I had to tow it bad key. Also bad tow problem. They replaced the front tie rod. It has been fine since. The car is coming off lease and surprising I think I am going to buy another Charger. The car is big and handles well. It also get good MFG. I am looking at Camry (Boring and slow) Impala (fast but sloppy handling) Ford Tourus (Close second) Accord (Nice but slow and back hurts) They say Dodge stinks but $22,000 its hard to beat!

great handling

Better MPG

Theft City
By Chris

2008 Dodge Charger SXT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a Dodge Charger 8 months ago and already my car has been broken into twice, both times the thieves used some kind of slim jim device and it took only seconds. All Chargers are easy to break into like this and I warn anyone who is going to purchase one to immediately get an alarm installed on it!!!

Hemi Orange Daytona R/T
By James

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got this car in April of 2008 and have been in heaven ever since. It isn't an old school Charger by any means but it is a different Charger for a different generation, I had a '69 many moons ago, loved it just as much. "Duke" impresses me every time I turn the key, runs like a scolded dog, handles like a dream, and can make as much white smoke as I want it to. however, new rubber isn't cheap, lol. People like it, I don't much like all the attention it draws, but i'm getting used to it. Gas mileage is pretty good considering it's pumping 350 hp out of the HEMI. Hands down the best new car purchase i've ever made and my next target is the Challenger R/T so my wife can have this one...Buy One!!

I didn't go with all the bells and whistles on this car, just wanted the muscle. I don't need NAV or steering wheel controls or anything that will be a headache in 20 years. "keep it simple stupid" is my mode of thought with new car technology, must be the old guy in me or something? 210% satisfied.

I don't like the FOBS, I keep getting to my car and find the trunk is open. Once I came out and the car was running, lol. Solved that with a belt clip key chain though. And STOP putting Goodyear tires on the cars, they're cheap, barely last 10k miles, are too expensive to replace. I hate Goodyear!!!

The Charger IS Awesome
By chris

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I went From a 2000 chevy Blazer To a 2008 Charger. Thats a major change to me from a gas destroyer to a gas saver and at the same time a better look. bought mine used with 30k miles and i have not had a problem at all with it even when i looked at the car fax stated no prior services recored well kept and when running it sounds like a Angle. I love my Charger.

THe interior Is very well spaced it doesn't matter how tall or big you are most room in a car i have ever seen.

Its Great already.

Great Car!
By duginmt

2008 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 21K miles, saved about 10K over new. It started out life as an FBI undercover car for the first 2,500 miles. Then a private party bought it and installed 20" X 8" wheels and Kuhmo tires, along with a spoiler. Love the looks of this car, and it has plenty of power stock. It is the quickest car I have ever owned. The keyless key fobs are a little weird but I am getting used to it. The car has a firm but comfortable ride, and handles very well. I do not find the steering wheel effort to be too hard at all. About right for a sports sedan. My 4-year-old son thinks it is a racing car, the fastest car around, he says! So far, it seems very reliable. Buy 1!

The Hemi, what a jewel! The Sirius Sat. Radio is nice. Comfortable, real leather seats.

Redesign the key fobs so you can carry in your pocket without pushing the buttons (put in raised ridges around the buttons).