Used 2008 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

The Beast!
By Hemi Srt-8

2008 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Where do I start? In two words this car is "a beast"! The combination of the horsepower and torque on this car is ridiculously amazing! I've been driving this car for about 6 months now & it sill amazes me. Mostly no cars on the road can compete with it (there's only a few that can). Given the aggressive looks on the outside, the blazing speed on this beast, the enormous amount of space in the interior, etc. This car is like no other (its in a class all by itself). Especially when you factor in all the great features and qualities this car has for the amount of money it costs this car is among the elite. I can go on & on about this car but my best advice is to drive one and see for yourself.

The best features of this car are the hood scoop, the half-inch lowered ride height, the twenty inch wheels, the spoiler, horsepower, torque, the amount of space in the interior and the trunk, and the Srt badging on the inside and outside. Overall the layout of this car is bar none one of the best.

This car doesn't need too many improvements. However, when driving on roads that aren't smooth you do feel the bumps very easily. Other than that this car is a beast. Gas mileage is actually pretty good considering how much horsepower & torque it has. It won't hurt to add more power & reduce weight.

Great car!
By Jeremy G!

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car off an old acquaintance and I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I love the handling and engine roar I get when I floor it, granted I do only have the 2.7 v6. Interior is kinda boring with all the solid black plastic. Also poor visibility from inside, feel like I'm in a tank. LOL

love the black paint job with the glitter flakes, the styling, and the stock sound system. it's really great for stock.

build quality and also better tranny. mine shifts pretty hard between 1st and sec at cruising speeds sometimes. also better mpg, of course 22" rims don't help. ;)

Dont get a 3.5 Charger
By paulseid

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Transmission mishaps after 30,000 miles. Bumps in between shifts. Numerous trips to dealer for software reinstalls that had no effect on the deteriorating transmission. I hear the R/T with its German made tranny was a lot better. Should have done more research. This transmission is terrible and also the driver has no access to a transmission dipstick. One tech who I have to give some credit too had an idea to make an adjustment to a part of the tranny but I wanted a new transmission as the car was only a year old. Chrysler did not acknowledge there was any real problem. Never Chrysler never again is my motto.

looks

Transmission, interior quality, manual transmission, entire service network needs to be replaced. Hack non acknowledgment of customer complaints at many of the dealers I went to.

I never liked Dodge
By Jaguar1024

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Last year when deciding what to buy I drove several cars from BMW's to Mazdas. I saved Dodge for last mainly because I have always thought of them as cheap, ugly and unreliable. I loved the Chargers styling but what blew me away was the handling and the speed, granted I only got the 2.7 but its acceleration, handling and comfort blew away the Mazda 6 and Honda Civic and easily equaled the Taurus SHO (except in acceleration) and the BMW 3 series. I got mine for just a hair over $11,000.00 including tax title etc. and I have to say that it is one of the better cars I have ever owned. So far I have had no technical issues at all and it has been rock solid so far.

Peppy and excitable 2.7 L V6 is a true pleasure and regularly averages right around 30 mpg unless I cane it everywhere I go. Brilliant styling and a thoughtfully laid out interior. It handles and accelerates like my old BMW 635 used to, a remarkable feat considering the price.

Better quality construction materials would be nice, the bumpers and panels can all flex with a touch and do give it a cheap tinny feel, no lip on the trunk would make the trunk much easier to load, unload. The headlight covers are also very poorly sealed and get moisture in them quite easily.

COMPLAINT
By vic

2008 Dodge Charger 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Was thinking we got a good car and what I always wanted with 20,100 miles got last DEC 2009 noticed a ticking and getting worse with the colder and running took to local dealer said fixed and a little tapping was normal and would go away did not so took to dealer we bought from and said oh ya something definitely wrong replaced pump tensioner pivot arm antifreeze 2 valves 3 rocker arms seal valve guide 2 gasket cylinder head gasket timing case cover seal water pump to front gasket intake manifold antifreeze tensioner when I got it back it did sound like a car should now there is an idling issue and a vibration when you shift from gear to gear need to take in again at this point I am tired of th

the look

that if the car has something wrong with it don't sell it like that fix the damned thing i will have to say though that everything is under warranty and besides them not believing and saying oh ya there is something wrong with it they should have believed me in the first place