Used 2007 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

RT with R/T Sports Package
By CallMeTheBreeze

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I get roughly 19.5 City and 26 Highway with the MDS. The car is quiet, smooth riding and very comfortable ( 6'2 , 240 )while cruising and very agile, throaty when accelerating. Dependability has been excellent thus far with 30k. The steering, seating and pedal adjustments are great for the long haul road trips. I have a 1970 Charger R/T show car and I get many compliments on the 1970 when out and about yet I also get a lot of positive comments while driving the 07.

Agility for such a big car and the comfort/quiet ride for a muscle car. Great balance achieved.

Would have preferred Dodge stuck with the original 2004/2005 Concept Charger. Boy!!... was that a head turner and it took heavy styling queues from the original 68-70 body styles of which the current car does not.

Just Purchased
By Bruce

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2007 Dodge Carger R/T. It rides and drives like a dream. I can set cruise at 75 mph and it feels like I'm floating. The handling could be better I've made the rear end dance around a sharp corner with esp on. I did a rolling start at 15 mph on an onramp by the end of the ramp I was at 105 mph. That 390 ft pound of torque pushes you back in the seat and shoots off the line like a slingshot. I love how quiet it is when you are driving normal, but when you nail it it's like music to my ears with the exhaust note. All in All I am very impressed with the Charger R/T. I would suggest to anyone who love quick cars to buy one.

The Boston Acoustic stereo. Of course the 5.7 Hemi. The MDS feature was a selling point for me, due to traveling a lot. The "Auto Stick" is a fun feature.

I would have to say handling around corners. Have the the "Auto Stick" feature on the side or below drive that way if the driver bumps it it doesn't go into manual mode unexpectedly.

It handles extreme climates!
By zman

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 3.5 SE brand new from the dealership after an amazing test drive! It has the basic package but that was my choice. I'm 26 years old, 6'4" high and 300 lbs heavy, I reside in the UAE, where temps reach up to 122 (50 c) in the shade, and humidity up to 100% and my Charger has no trouble handling all that. Had it for a year now and no troubles what so ever... great value for money and the a/c unit is absolutely fantastic, it cools down the interior within minutes Very comfortable, visibility is great despite thick A and C pillars, cos the mirrors cover it all. I've driven lots of cars (Saab, Honda, Mitsubishi, Toyota, BMW) and none of them matches the performance of my 3.6 V6 Charger

A/T transmission, A/C, Spacious interior,

The plastic interior feels cheap, but it's surprisingly durable, better sound system is always welcome!

Family Muscle Car
By tabill

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've read the other reviews and can't believe that no one has mentioned that it's hard to see the traffic light because of the low window. Overhead lights hard to see, have to duck down. You have to look at the traffic light to the left, in Chicago. The R/T drives like it just wants to keep going and never stop. It really takes off on the highway. City driving in Chicago is about 16/17 mpg. Haven't taken the care on a trip, but am sure the multiple displacement cylinders would do wonders for mileage.

The "HEMI" and the ride. Love to show the battery in the trunk! Hard not to sign up for the second year of SIRIUS radio, first year free. Passing is a breeze.

Give the satellite radio for three years, just like the warranty.

Watch Out! for this car!
By SXT Driver

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used (rental) SXT 3.5 and It is trouble. I find myself doing 80 mph in 65 mph zones. If complete attention is not paid to the car who knows how fast it'll go. Looking forward to the day I accidentally go over a 100. Steering is very sensitive, needs some getting used to. This is America! we need bigger cup holders

Quality of build/nice power/beautiful looks

speed sensitive steering, bigger cup holders