Used 2007 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Highly Disappointed
By Christine

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love the look and performance of my 2007 Dodge Charger SXT. However, transmission problems have come to light that make this vehicle very unsafe. While traveling on the highway and accelerating to pass, the transmission has locked up or something and the car loses power. I have had to coast to the side of the road, stop the car, and restart it to reboot the computer.

Body style and highway performance (when the transmission doesn't interfere)

Replace the Mercedes Benz transmission

Lovin' it
By Nick

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Coming from a Mazda 626 ('01) and prior an '01 Focus, the interior is spacious. I have a couple of bigger home boys and they sit comfortably. After the dealership threw in some 20" black and chrome rims, it looks great with my gray and black tinted windows. Wish I could have afforded the V-8, but when gas was 4.75+ a gallon, I knew it was a good buy. Very quick off the start. My wife can easily fit all our kids in there which is nice when I have to use the Durango for the snow. I highly suggest it, whether it be the V-6 to the Daytona version, the Charger is the way to go. I have driven the Daytona and boy, that is a car to be driven

Mean look. Very aggressive and precise turning.

Cup holders larger and reduced weight.

Beauty AND the Beast
By Tony

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the R/T with 33,000km, so far, did 2 oil changes at the dealer, the car is amazingly quiet and comfortable on the highway, Chrysler did a good job air-sealing this beast. Even on local roads when idling, you can barely hear that the engine is running. i get 8 L/100 km on the highway and about 15 L/100 km local, every time i fill it i get an average displayed around 13 L/100 km, now remember I drive agressively, so it's higher than regular. I did quite a bit of research before purchasing, and it's the best purchase i've ever made in my life!

20 inch factory rims really grabs attention, the throaty mufflers are a bonus. 5.7 L engine that sounds like a corolla on the highway, but a corvette on local.

touchscreen navi would be good, bigger screen would be good, rear-view mirror could be closer to the cabin, rear-view camera would be very helpful when backing up.

50k miles of awesome
By 50 k miles SE

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

1 year ago when I first bought my 2007 Charger SE, used with 18k miles on it, I was driving 100 miles a day. Now its been 50k miles. I have loved driving it for every minute. My one complaint: I think I've started to hear a tiny squeak in the passenger compartment. It's the bare-bones model with the 2.7 L engine, so I get fantastic gas mileage. The only repairs have been the front wheels and suspension after a blow-out.

Great gas mileage, smooth ride, lots of room, comparatively cheap.

Greater visibility. A pillars have made it hard to see pedestrians at times.

RT with R/T Sports Package
By CallMeTheBreeze

2007 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I get roughly 19.5 City and 26 Highway with the MDS. The car is quiet, smooth riding and very comfortable ( 6'2 , 240 )while cruising and very agile, throaty when accelerating. Dependability has been excellent thus far with 30k. The steering, seating and pedal adjustments are great for the long haul road trips. I have a 1970 Charger R/T show car and I get many compliments on the 1970 when out and about yet I also get a lot of positive comments while driving the 07.

Agility for such a big car and the comfort/quiet ride for a muscle car. Great balance achieved.

Would have preferred Dodge stuck with the original 2004/2005 Concept Charger. Boy!!... was that a head turner and it took heavy styling queues from the original 68-70 body styles of which the current car does not.