2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Review: 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T

2006 Dodge Charger - Consumer Review

RT Sedan (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T
By kirtie on

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 7100 miles on it, and have driven it (carefully) through all four North Dakota seasons.
It isn't what I'd call a "winter" car around here but it has done the job just fine.
No squeaks, rattles, leaks, mechanical trouble of any kind except the passenger seat sensor got tipped up a teeny bit by my girlfriend's shoe- adjusted back by hand in 30 seconds.
I have Top Banana #298 and I would advise anyone with the opportunity to buy one!
I have 37900 on it now.
Prepare for everyone you meet to stare and almost every kid to shout "it's Bumblebee from Tranformers!" (of course that's a Camaro but I don't get offended)

15/26 city/highway and I have a lead foot. Heated seats are wonderful, tranny is smooth and so is the power. Starts easily at 100 above or 40 below zero. Traction control is incredible so long as you have good tires. You *will* get noticed in this car!

Forward visibility is ridiculous- I can't see stoplights if I'm in the front of the line, but it's a small matter to lean forward a bit. Same with the blind spot, but a little extra caution goes a long way there as well. Otherwise my only complaint is that I only have one in my garage!!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By ddakota609
on 02/28/17 19:20 PM (PST)

Amen fellow Dayona owner! out of all the cars ive owned and drove for work (worked for a large car repair shop)I bought my car with 96k miles on mine. it is excellent for long car trips. plenty of room and really comfy seats. I also own a Chrysler Town and Country. That Minivan is nothing compared to the charger. the charger rides better and is ALOT quieter in the cabin. The Charger also gets better gas mileage than my van. no big mechanical issues, maybe a light. with 105k on it now it hasn't used a single drop of oil. glad to see another fellow Daytona owner.. #0271 Top Banana Pennsylvania