Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

overall impressed
By happy so far

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got the car almost a year ago. Now it has 55k miles. Paid $13k. Gas mileage is about 300 miles to the tank. Put 20's on it and it looks great. Love the exterior look. Got pinstrip down the doors to the trunk, didn't like it at first but it breaks up lines and it looks great. I knew the interior wasn't anything super. I like the White gauges. Will need to replace the power steering hose soon it is slightly leaking. Oh and tint all 5 Windows

big trunk. big back seat. style.

low to ground scrapes when parking sometimes. when first at a signal i cant see the light above me i look to the side. with sunvisor down it almost completely blocks my entire view. big blind spot. no rear cup holders and rear seat doesn't fold down?

Money well spent!
By Andrew

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best money I have ever spent! Car rides incredible,feels powerful,sounds throaty! I added a K & N cold air intake and the ride is incredible. Car is a definite head turner!

Heated leather seats,great factory sound system,well hidden 12 volt outlets,sunroof,too many others to list!

I don't know if its possible to improve a car with 340 HP that gets 25 miles a gallon highway! I love everything about the car and have yet to find any dislikes!

Unhappy in Bay Area
By Unhappy Owner

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 21,000 miles. I didn't start experiencing any problems until my car kept vibrating when I stopped. I had it checked and was told that my tire rods were worn. Then I started hearing a noise coming from the engine (a rocker shaft). After having this and a 90,000 mile service costs me $2087.00. Now my engine light constantly comes on. I was told to open the gas cap and let out some of the air. After reading a lot of the reviews, I noticed that this car should have had some recalls. Of course my extended warranty ended at 70,000.

I love the color and my tires and rims are great! I get a lot of compliments. Being a "woman" I really get a lot of honks too!

The tire rods and rocker shafts need to be recalled and there should be some reimbursements for those owners who have spent the money repairing these items.

One of the best cars I have ever owned
By revan

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very attractive, Powerful ,Secure,Reliable and fun to drive. plenty of room for drivers over six foot,nice layout of interior plenty of everything you need excellent in all aspects.

Power,looks

Unfortunately Not Happy
By CSilva

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my car for a little over 3 years and I was really enjoying driving my car, until recently. I guess I was 1 of the unfortunate owners. It all started with a ticking noise, which then turned into a knocking noise, which then turned to my engine rattling and car stalling. And yes, this all happened after my warranty ended. Apparently the rocker arms went bad on the right side and was told the left side would break in time. The shifter broke as well. I had to take it into the shop and 1100.00 later, no noise and the shifter works. Both are known problems and its very disappointing that they weren't recalls. Thought buying American was better, guess not Dodge proved me wrong.

Smooth and comfortable ride and radio system okay

interior looks cheap, parts are built cheap, but sell expensive, warranty should be extended to 10 years like Hyundai