Used 2006 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 330 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

I love my charger!
By charger happy

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I actually bought my 06 RT with 25000 miles on it and a minor crash with about 2000 dollars worth of damage to bumper, fender, roof. I got it fixed and then promptly hit an elk, car jumped it nicely. put black 18's on it,the car is metallic black and totally plain and I absolutely love it. Of course the hemi is awesome, I am totally stock, would like new exhaust for more sound but it is great just the way it is! Gas mileage is about 21 on the highway but I can NEVER keep my foot out of it, love to pass everyone uphill!

Leather seat heaters feel awesome in winter. it is a lot of fun to get the navigation lady confused! I love stepping on the gas and hear that engine come to life and pass in no time flat, no worries.

sunroof can get out of whack and have to go to dealer to reprogram, that costs! when alarm goes off it blows a fuse.

HEMI power with style
By DKRGoods

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Always wanted a car that does not look like the rest, has a nice line too it, rides with comfort but yet is aggressive when needed, interior is quiet, comfy and has room for my big shoulders. A car that has the power when needed to make those quick passes. Wink! Wink! A car you feel safe in when driving. But most of all... a car you can custom to fit your personality. Just remember, like all cars you will have your maintenance but with this car you can spend a few extra bucks and go high performance and not lose your shirt paying for the parts. If you enjoy muscle cars... GET IT. If you don't...don't waste your money. Pro's... HEMI, comfort, style Con's... Can't think of any

I like it all. HEMI is #1

Muscle car exhaust tone. HEMI cars should have their own unique exhaust tone so when one passes you, you will know its a HEMI!!!!!!

Dodge Charger Daytona R/T #1937
By Phil

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own a 2006 Dodge Daytona with 78000 miles on the odometer and it still runs perfect !! Using the slapstick auto will save on rotors. I have only changed them once. A/C blows ICE COLD air and heater and seat warmers heat me up in no times. Adding K@N cold air intake and FLOwmaster gives me 20 mpg in town. Not bad for a HEMI. Dodge did well with this car and looking forward to getting a Challenger down the road. Glad I opted for the V-8 as opposed to the V-6 Charger. Best car I have ever owned .

HEMI engine. Power, comfort and reliability ! Great family car.

Heavy duty rotors..Brembos would have been nice.

5.7 L Hemi Midnight Blue
By James

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'm 38 yrs old with a family of 4. After some extensive research and looking for a good all around family car, I purchased a 2006 Dodge Charger RT with spoiler showing 46,000 km on the odometer. The Charger RT has great looks, grin smiling power, and is a great all around family car with lots of rear trunk space. The interior is simple & pleasing. Gas mileage on the highway is fairly decent as long as you keep it under 110km/h as the MDS will stay on. Highway 24-28 mpg. It's hard to keep good gas mileage though with the HEMI when you have 340hp at the mercy of your right foot. At the end of the day, this car is an amazing bang for the buck. PS. Put a K&N Cold Air Intake on!

Hemi Power, solid family car, and great looks

none

Dream car turned worst nightmare!
By K. Scott

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I started having issues with my charger 1 year after I purchased, first my driver side window and door locking switches fell down in the door panel, then at 23,000 miles the car really fell apart. First I started to hear a loud noise while the air conditioner was on, then as I was in stop and go traffic when my air is on my car overheats, then I noticed a delay when trying to start the vehicle, then all my air vents popped off the dash. Now at 24,000 miles my shifter locked up in the park position of coarse just after the 3 year warranty has expired. The only assistance dodge will offer is an extended warranty for $1400.00 for 50% off parts and labor.

The look of the car.

Stop using plastic especially in your gear shifters, improve the entire interior, stop ripping off your customers, if you have a defect in the vehicle recall and save your customers the aggravation, stand behind your product.