Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 366 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Love my Hemi!
By CCCarter

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. I have driven a lot of different cars, but this one is the most fun, yet comfortable car I have ever owned. I love the feeling of it pushing me back in the seat when I punch the gas. I have had many comments on it and enjoy it when people tell me that it looks mean. It feels like a solid piece of machinery and handles great, even at very high speeds. I had a spoiler added to the back and had the windows tinted black to make it unique from others I have seen.

The power, handling, and mean looks.

The exhaust should be loud enough to make the car sound as mean as it looks. The exhaust needs more rumble.

Nice
By Former GM Guy

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Was once the proud owner of a Buick Grand National. No car before or since was quite as much fun to drive and own. My Dodge Daytona R/T easily matches that '87 wonder in both fun and power - plus adds all the gadgo-convienences I wanted. Thank you Daimler Chrysler for this one.

Hemi, integrated stereo/nav system, bluetooth phone. A decent exhaust note. Great seats

A delete option for the Daytona stickers. Had the dealer pull them off and the looks went up enormously. Just not a fan of tacky cheap decals. Also, they pop you around my town for no front plates - how about a reasonable front plate attachment system?

I Love my Charger
By Gunz

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ever since I was a little boy I wanted a Charger! When I heard they were coming out with this one I went crazy! I was the first one in my town to buy one and I love it! I got the Midnight Blue Metallic one with the Hemi of course but I am going to make it my own! Originality is what I like. I just wish that everyone else would stop buying them because I liked being the first and only for a while! The only thing I wish is that it was two doors!

The Hemi and the color!

It needs to come out in a two door version.

Charger Notes
By Cusefan80

2006 Dodge Charger SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Charger with 3.5L is a good balance between performance and practicality. Since I do a lot of city driving the HEMI scared me if gas prices go much higher. Have been an import owner for years so this car is a bit different. Love the exterior styling. Definitely could use more "gingerbread" features on the interior. The dash is nice but the interior is loaded with cheapish looking materials, even the "leather" seats appear to be more vinyl. Drives beautifully, nice and quiet and good pick-up. I got the power sunroof as to not feel closed in by its low windshield as I am a taller person.

Exterior styling, great ride and interior room. Feels like you are in a very safe car. Great stereo sound but very basic operation, need to have the radio display the station and genre like its competitors. Very annoying with Sirius to just display a channel number. Dash display is nice at night.

Interior needs a bit more "pop". Cruise control lever and outside temp gauge is annoying on the trip odemeter button that you can barely reach. Make a bigger deal out the Boston Acoustics sound system, like nice speaker grates, etc. As is the stereo looks like it's out of an old K-Car.

Fun & Affordable
By nick

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Before buying the 2006 Daytona Charger, we looked at Mustangs, Corvettes, Monte Carlo etc. but they don't hold a candle to this Dodge. Whoever designed this car must have loved their job! It is unique enough to get admiring looks (the other cars are a dime a dozen), sporty enough to be fun to drive in the "real world" (traffic jams etc.)yet large enough to function everyday (grocery's, kids etc.)For the money, It's the best car I've ever owned.

Hemi engine, exterior styling, nav system, Sirius radio, uconnect phone. I am 6'6", 300+lbs and I fit comfertably in the driver's seat. Now I am no longer tied to my Chevy Tahoe.

Cruise control takes a little getting used to. Cup holders could be bigger, Tire pressure monitor could display actual tire pressure like on the SRT. Ommission of oil life display in the mini computer and neccessity of having radio on for the nav system seems dumb.