Used 2006 Dodge Charger Sedan Consumer Reviews - 330 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Charger Notes
By Cusefan80

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Charger with 3.5L is a good balance between performance and practicality. Since I do a lot of city driving the HEMI scared me if gas prices go much higher. Have been an import owner for years so this car is a bit different. Love the exterior styling. Definitely could use more "gingerbread" features on the interior. The dash is nice but the interior is loaded with cheapish looking materials, even the "leather" seats appear to be more vinyl. Drives beautifully, nice and quiet and good pick-up. I got the power sunroof as to not feel closed in by its low windshield as I am a taller person.

Exterior styling, great ride and interior room. Feels like you are in a very safe car. Great stereo sound but very basic operation, need to have the radio display the station and genre like its competitors. Very annoying with Sirius to just display a channel number. Dash display is nice at night.

Interior needs a bit more "pop". Cruise control lever and outside temp gauge is annoying on the trip odemeter button that you can barely reach. Make a bigger deal out the Boston Acoustics sound system, like nice speaker grates, etc. As is the stereo looks like it's out of an old K-Car.

Fun & Affordable
By nick

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Before buying the 2006 Daytona Charger, we looked at Mustangs, Corvettes, Monte Carlo etc. but they don't hold a candle to this Dodge. Whoever designed this car must have loved their job! It is unique enough to get admiring looks (the other cars are a dime a dozen), sporty enough to be fun to drive in the "real world" (traffic jams etc.)yet large enough to function everyday (grocery's, kids etc.)For the money, It's the best car I've ever owned.

Hemi engine, exterior styling, nav system, Sirius radio, uconnect phone. I am 6'6", 300+lbs and I fit comfertably in the driver's seat. Now I am no longer tied to my Chevy Tahoe.

Cruise control takes a little getting used to. Cup holders could be bigger, Tire pressure monitor could display actual tire pressure like on the SRT. Ommission of oil life display in the mini computer and neccessity of having radio on for the nav system seems dumb.

Compliments on the vehicle
By Stilts

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been getting a lot of compliments on the style of the car. The people say the body style is in its own, but wish sometimes it would go back to old style Charger. The people that have ridden with me says the performance is great, and the handling is outstanding. The interior is comfortable and roomy.

I love the hemi engine, the interior is comfortable. The trunk is very roomy

At this time I cannot think of any, except what I said prevoiusly about maybe going back to the old style of Charger.

Precious memories revisited
By Robert Sponseller

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

With the introduction of the "K" car, I wrote Chrysler Corp. off, now with the Charger I'm back again. My Charger Daytona R/T has taken 50 yrs. off my life! It's very difficult to find fault with anything about this vehicle. The only thing bad is this Dodge has radar target written all over it. I guess it's either be careful or pay the man. Dodge's blending the old school, Hemi V8, rear wheel drive, and slightly retro styling with new tech. Great supension, stability control, M.D.S., etc. has made it with me, and I hope enough other people to keep it going.

Hemi engine, great handling, a well balanced vehicle.

Factory N.O.S. maybe.

Love it!
By Tami

2006 Dodge Charger Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm loving this car! Great car and fun to drive. Not to mention it is a great price. You get lots of respect when your are on the road. I am a girl and the guys dig it that I have such a sweet ride. Thanks for bringing the Charger back from the dead! Let's roll guys!

I was suprised on how much room you have. It makes me feel very safe. I'm very impressed on how well it hugs the road. Not to mention very quick!

The only thing that I have noticed just a little is having to fill up more. It may be due to our crazy gas prices but it is making me more fuel conscience.