Used 2006 Dodge Charger Consumer Reviews - 365 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Dodge Charger

View reviews for a specific Charger model:

Daytona R/T
By OMAR

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best toy I've purchased in years. I have as much fun driving this as my Porsche. It is also big enough to lug the whole family around. If you're looking for the compromise of size, cost, mileage, and fun-to-drive, Dodge Charger R/T Daytona is it. When you drive it, it feels much smaller that it actually is and cylinder deactivation does give the advertised gas mileage.

Horsepower and comfort to drive.

Add a functional SRT hood scoop.

The Muscle car for Women
By Kim Sampson

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Hello, I am a 47yr old woman who has gone totally overboard with this car. I have never been a car head and I have to say I am now. I love my Charger. It is totally the woman's muscle car. I have the R/T Hemi, added a few of my own things. Added a little bling with some 22in chrome platinum wheels titled "sweetness" of which they are. Every day when I get in my car and turn up the tunes and hit the road. It just starts my day out great. I know this sounds way over the top for a woman my age, but you never know untill you feel the power of a Hemi and with the added Bling its even more beutiful. I love this car.

I love the superior sound system. it has the sleek and classy look a woman likes. Overall it is just about perfect in every way. Now a gas guzzler it is, but that's the price you pay for beauty!

None, just about perfect.

I love my Charger!
By Johanna

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had been bugging my husband for a year for this baby! I finally got it a few weeks ago. I got the RTand I am loving it! It's so much fun. The kids love it too, and my husband is jealous. All my friends were shocked because I'm a girly girl, but I love muscle cars. I get stopped all the time by people complimenting my car. All my friend's husbands are jealous! I got the windows blacked out to match the car, spoiler is being added this weekend. I've never been so excited about a car before. My dad had one before I was born, a 1969, and now I'm keeping on with the tradition.

I love the GPS in it. Such an awesome added feature. I love how it handles. And how it seems I leave everyone in the dust when driving it.

It seems when you start it, it doesn't always start. I've read elsewhere many others are having this same problem. This concerns me. Maybe a problem with the starter?

Charger RT
By RichCheryl

2006 Dodge Charger RT 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initial problems: Front brake discs needed to be replaced (Guess I couldn't keep my foot off the gas) and stangely, the interior ceiling fabric came down during a passing event on the highway. Windows being down at high speed may have had something to do with it. This is my wife's car and she loves it. She has told me this is the last car she will ever have.

Hemi

True shut off of the traction control. A true 6 speed manual would be a thrill to drive in this car!

No a Sports Car
By Uwe

2006 Dodge Charger SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Since I have the Charger, people ask me "And it's fast, isn't it?" Well, it's not slow, but its 4100+ pounds take some time to get moving. 0-60 in 5 seconds according to various reviews. A sporty car, not a sports car. My 349HP MB SLK32 is a sports car. Lousy gas mileage (as expected). Nice interior. Stereo (mine has the high-end one) a bit disappointing due to some lack in bass. Seats not fully leather, but then again this is a under $40k car. Some people think the windows are too small, I don't. No idea what the stability control is there for, mine never seems to kick in. Comfortable ride. Too long to fit in my garage with the motorcycle (I traded this for a KIA Sorento which did fit).

Big V8 engine, engine sound, 6x mp3 CD player, navigation, bluetooth phone support (how could I have done without before?!), roomy

Get some weight off, full leather seats, better stereo