2011 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Lots of problems

2011 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.6L V6 FFV 5-speed Automatic)

Lots of problems
By spedly on

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '11 SE model with less than 7000 miles on it.
(It turned out being wrecked).
I have had two recalls (which came after the problems started and the dealers didn't know how to fix).
Just recently, my alternator died and I couldn't find an aftermarket one, so the mopar alternator cost over $500.
The radio was not at all powerful so I had to put in an aftermarket amp which may have lead to the Alt. breakdown. Lots of frustration and disappointment!
The blind spot is huge and is hard to back up to park.
On the bright side I love my car when it is running. Haha! I always get compliments on it and I think it rides better than the CTX Caddie.

Well, Edmunds wanted me to update my review so here is a 5 year update. The ride is still good and I still get compliments on the looks of the car. The V6 is powerful and I have no problems passing and making left hand turns. After correcting the 3 recalls on the electronics, I haven't had any visits to the repair shop. I still have a pending recall, the Takata (sp?) passenger airbag. The only bad thing currently is that as soon as I made my last payment a mysterious rattling noise is coming from the dashboard and is extremely annoying. I have close to 70k miles on it. I'm on my 3rd set of tires ( I rotate my tires every time I change my oil, every three to five thousand miles). The first set that came with the car lasted about 20k then the Bridgestones lasted 45k.

So, in review, it's paid for, it rides and looks good but darn that rattle is driving me crazy!!

• Entertainment
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review