2010 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Great car, bought new, now at

2010 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

R/T Coupe (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Great car, bought new, now at 7 years and 91k
By noboringcars on

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community.

Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status.

I've only had 2 issues with the car:
1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty.
2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes.

All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience.

UPDATE at 91k miles:
The Challenger remains the most reliable car I've ever owned and I've had Hondas and Toyotas. Mechanically, I've had to replace a water pump, a radiator, and an outer tie rod all in 91k miles.

I have a tuner which allows me to turn off the MDS, I turn off the system because the car sounds awful with my MOPAR cat back on 4 cylinders. Fuel economy is not a big factor with me, though my big V8 regularly returns an average of 18-19 mpg. On a recent trip from Massachusetts to Long Island I averaged just over 25 mpg with speed ranges from 65 - 85 mph.

From a practicality stand point, the trunk is enormous. The trunk will hold a large folding canopy, a cooler, a few chairs, cleaning supplies (never leave the house without a way to clean the car), a space saver spare and then if I need it the rear seat folds down. Incredible.

At this point, the Challenger needs a suspension refreshening; coil-overs or the MOPAR Pursuit suspension will be installed.

• Acceleration
  • Fuel economy
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost
  • Warranty

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review