Used 2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Challenger

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

FUN!!!
By groovymcawesome

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've never had a car I look forward to driving more than this one, and I've had a lot of cars, including a 1970 R/T. Just a blast to drive. Very responsive for being so heavy. Great sound system.

Hemi, Hemi Orange paint, comfortable seats, great car for a daily driver

make engine bay a little more aesthetically pleasing. getting in and out of back seat is a bear. slightly louder stock exhaust. seems like the body panels are a little thin and can dent easily.

Very Impressed with the SRT8 (6M)
By Raszaron

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first Dodge or Chrysler vehicle that I have ever purchased, and all I can say is that I am VERY impressed! I have owned Ford and Chevy products, but Dodge got theirs right! The ride is smooth yet planted, but if you want to get squirrely just mash the accelerator. As for gas mileage, I typically get 12mpg in city, and 23mpg on the highway. But I didn't buy this car for it's gas mileage, I bought it for it's retro styling and performance. A throw back to the 70 Challenger, and Dodge didn't miss a beat with this car. Also the DriveSRT Experience that is included with purchase of any SRT, WICKED COOL!! This little perk allowed me to race all the SRT vehicles available in 09!

6.1L Hemi rated at 425hp/425ftlbs... 6 speed manual transmission from the Viper... 3.92 rear gears (65mph = 1500rpm in 6th)... Traction control total and hybrid disabling feature... The bolstered leather/alcantara seats... 1970 Challenger exterior styling with modern comforts...

Change out the Rams Head insignia on the steering wheel to something else, on SRT models, an SRT badge. Just looks generic when the rest of the car screams look at me!

Torred SRT 6spd
By tbonesrt

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The fun to drive factor on the SRT is off of the charts. Agressive driving on the streets does not challenge this car in the least. It is quiet at highway speed. At 75 mph (western States speed limit) It gets better gas mileage than than most 4 cyl. cars. It doesnt brake a sweat cruising at higher speeds. How many econo boxes can average 25 mpg at over 80 mph and do it all day with no issues. America has been fooled into believing that an econo box that gets 35 mpg on the highway will do that at high speeds. NOT!!!...Love this car.

Lots of trunk space, very comfortable to drive long distances. Very quiet on the highway. Lots of horsepower to play with. Corners very well. Handles bumpy roads extremely well. Stops on a dime and gives you change. Outstanding sound system, it will put the ricers to shame.

gremlins with sunroof operation. Too quiet on the exhaust note. Too heavy

A blast to drive
By navyretired

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a blast to drive. It really makes you feel like a rock star when you drive it. Everybody and I mean everybody loves the look of this car. People just stop and stare.

MyGig and of course the HEMI.

Nothing major really.

New School Tech, Classic Muscle
By byuchallenger

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this car for half a year or so, and I absolutely adore it! It is a very quick car that has a large aftermarket following to make the car screaming fast. The styling is by far one of the best of any cars out there right now while still being usable. I can fit myself and 3 full sized friends in the car with ease and comfort, something I know isn't possible in the competition. The ride is amazing, seeing as it was fitted with mercedes tuned suspension, and the attention it gets is unmistakable. It's not the fastest car on the road (stock) but there will always be another car that is faster. The looks of this car and the feeling I get is purely unique to the Challenger.

I love the styling more than just about anything. I'm a young guy who wasn't alive during the original muscle car days, but I surely can appreciate amazing styling when I see it! The 6speed and the 5.7 HEMI (that still gets almost 30 mpg on the freeway as I calculated over a 3000 mile trip) is great

My only wish is that it didn't weigh quite so much. It's great to know I am very safe in the car due to the airbags and safety features, but I wish they didn't add up to a 4000 lb car.