Used 2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews - 100 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Challenger

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Best so far
By Joe

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just traded a mustang gt 09 for my silver with fender strips RT. What a difference. No comparison. Automatic with remote start, auto stick is great. Two tone leather seats and plenty of interior room. I cant believe how many people stop and stare. You really feel like you are a rock star. The power is plenty, I welcome all "challengers", none successfull yet. Best riding muscle car out there. May not be the fastest, but combining power, looks and room it is well worth the money. All the experts think a half second is enough to rate this vehicle below the camaro..What do they know..And it handles great and gets great gas mileage

Remote start, two tone leather, 20's

drivers side entry

What a GREAT 1st 'New' car
By Spice

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a B5 Blue Pearl right off the showroom floor. My wife walked in with me and said 'Are you serious, you like this car?' I said if you don't like it, lets go. And she said 'Are you kidding me? It's beautiful' Two hours later, I drove it away with only 3 miles on it. What a nice ride. Performance way better than the Corvette I used to have. Looks that turn heads even when sitting still. Very comfy inside, with easy to read gauges and all radio/heat controls at hand. The slap-stick tranny is nice, witch your tach and bump it to the right,...and boom, your flying at 80 MPH and still in 3rd. Nice job Dodge, you did it right!!

Slap stick, side racing stripes with the 'RT' on the rear quarters. Color matching interior stitching. Script 'Challenger' on the front fenders, and 'HEMI' on the hood.

Get rid of the hood prop stick, it makes the car look cheap. It should have a hood that can hold itself up for near $40K.

HEMI - I got one!
By mackyds

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have waited many a year for this kind of vehicle, and now I have one! I still remember the hemi-cudas, six-pac super bees, etc. but never owned one. When I seen the new Callengers, I just had to have one. And I tell you, if you want a car that gives excitement, this is it! 425 hourses with 420 ft/lb torque is just plain sick! And the looks and the comments are never ending when I am driving "the Beast" around! Everytime I get in her, I can't get rid of that "you know what" eating grin off my face! Especially after a couple Mustang GTs found out what it was like to mess with that 6.1 liter under the hood! Thank you Dodge for bringing back the excitement!

The looks, the sound of the exhaust and that 6.1 liter in the upper RPM band, the awesome Kicker sound system, the looks and comments from everyone.

Left side seat release, a real spare tire (though I know it was left out to save SOME weight), more colors would have been nice (mine is Torred, though actually not a bad color)

smile for the camera's
By don in s.i.

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

a real head turner---everywhere you go people will look,stare and compliment. even the cop who stopped me because i didn't have plates yet said it was a gorgous car.styling is flawless,interior is comfortable and roomie.everything is fairly easy to use.

navigation and uconnect easy to use and fun to play with----i loaded a vast amount of music in my gig drive for the many road trips i plan to take it has lots of little extras that most cars don't have.

hood prop,rear entry,and gas lock cap for improvements. if your not too tall you could elevate seat a bit to cut blind spot a little---

WOW
By Doug

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Traded an 07 C6 for this 09 6 spd SRT8 and could not be happier. The comfort level, smooth ride, and power when you need it is what driving a car is all about and this car has it. It certainly does get the attention from others. Dodge did this one right.

Smooth shifter, very comfortable seats, killer sound system, especially the 30GB hard drive

auto-up window (my charger R/T has it), electric passenger seat (my charger R/T has it), HID fog lights, sideview mirrors that dim