Used 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

WOW
By Doug

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Traded an 07 C6 for this 09 6 spd SRT8 and could not be happier. The comfort level, smooth ride, and power when you need it is what driving a car is all about and this car has it. It certainly does get the attention from others. Dodge did this one right.

Smooth shifter, very comfortable seats, killer sound system, especially the 30GB hard drive

auto-up window (my charger R/T has it), electric passenger seat (my charger R/T has it), HID fog lights, sideview mirrors that dim

Best car for the $$$
By KAC1972

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned BMW, Lexus and Infiniti before buying my SRT8. Yes, I do miss the superior service department experience that comes with a luxury car. However, this car is something to marvel at. I believe it is money well spent. The performance, power and control is pretty impressive. I love the interior design and room provided to the driver and passenger.

Power, MyGIG, SIRIUS subscription, and suede and leather seats. Exterior styling is GREAT!!

Full size spare and more cup holders.

Very Impressed with the SRT8 (6M)
By Raszaron

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first Dodge or Chrysler vehicle that I have ever purchased, and all I can say is that I am VERY impressed! I have owned Ford and Chevy products, but Dodge got theirs right! The ride is smooth yet planted, but if you want to get squirrely just mash the accelerator. As for gas mileage, I typically get 12mpg in city, and 23mpg on the highway. But I didn't buy this car for it's gas mileage, I bought it for it's retro styling and performance. A throw back to the 70 Challenger, and Dodge didn't miss a beat with this car. Also the DriveSRT Experience that is included with purchase of any SRT, WICKED COOL!! This little perk allowed me to race all the SRT vehicles available in 09!

6.1L Hemi rated at 425hp/425ftlbs... 6 speed manual transmission from the Viper... 3.92 rear gears (65mph = 1500rpm in 6th)... Traction control total and hybrid disabling feature... The bolstered leather/alcantara seats... 1970 Challenger exterior styling with modern comforts...

Change out the Rams Head insignia on the steering wheel to something else, on SRT models, an SRT badge. Just looks generic when the rest of the car screams look at me!

Torred SRT 6spd
By tbonesrt

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The fun to drive factor on the SRT is off of the charts. Agressive driving on the streets does not challenge this car in the least. It is quiet at highway speed. At 75 mph (western States speed limit) It gets better gas mileage than than most 4 cyl. cars. It doesnt brake a sweat cruising at higher speeds. How many econo boxes can average 25 mpg at over 80 mph and do it all day with no issues. America has been fooled into believing that an econo box that gets 35 mpg on the highway will do that at high speeds. NOT!!!...Love this car.

Lots of trunk space, very comfortable to drive long distances. Very quiet on the highway. Lots of horsepower to play with. Corners very well. Handles bumpy roads extremely well. Stops on a dime and gives you change. Outstanding sound system, it will put the ricers to shame.

gremlins with sunroof operation. Too quiet on the exhaust note. Too heavy

Challenger SRT 8
By Tom Langston

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I previously was forced to sell my 1971 'Cuda. When I saw the Challenger SRT concept car, I thought that my car was reborn! Since I have owned this car, it has not disappointed me. It accelerates, handles, and brakes like no other car that I have owned. Its retro shape and Hemi-orange color turn heads every where I go.

Under 5 sec. 0-60 mph acceleration and fantastic retro styling. Dodge "hit a home run" on this car. The SRT Track Experience and 1-year free Sirus radio are nice bonuses.

The SRT auto. needs a louder exhaust and a fix for the intermittent working key fob. Also, Dodge should provide a spare tire rather than a tire pump and flat sealant.