Used 2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Love it
By John

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've always owned american muscle cars and this is hands down the best I've ever experienced. Perfect combination of classic styling with 21st century performance & features. I can't even stop for gas without having someone come over and drool on it for 5 minutes. I give fuel economy a 10 because it gets as good or better than I expect. I didn't buy it to get 20mpg! If it gets 10mpg, I'm happy (I'm getting about 16 or so average). And who cares if anyone is comfortable in the back seat, this is a 2 seater! The back seat is for your jacket or dog. Rides like its on rails, I've gotten the lateral g-meter up to .75 on an offramp so far and that's not even trying hard. Dodge hit a homer!

Styling, ridiculous power, keyless ignition, almost complete lack of exterior chrome, square tailpipes.

rear view camera for sure, some subtle interior footwell illumination.

Amazing
By GreenPowerMan

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler did this one right! Gut wrenching acceleration, comfort, conveyance, looks, style, value and uniqueness! All BMW's, Porches and Mercedes look basically the same. None have the pizazz of the Challenger. Hand stitched leather and a painted orange engine block to name a few. It's also usable; I drive it to work everyday, moved my daughter to college (the back seats fold down opening into the truck) and go out to dinner. After that, I leave 99% of cars in the dust in a cloud of white smoke. It's like Clark Kent turning into Superman!

Everything! Sound system, performance, looks and creature comforts.

Back-up cameras and/or sensors

2008 Challenger SRT
By KingKustoms505

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Although it has a lot of muscle power it can't breathe at 5300 feet where I live in New Mexico. No dome light. Built in cup holders don't fit any known cups. Seats are nice but built for large people. Steering wheel design stinks because the spokes are located right where you rest your fingers around the wheel. Steering wheel is adjustable but does not go down low enough for a 5'6" person to sit low and still see over the wheel. No spare tire. Doors don't want to stay open when exiting. Can't keep the wheels clean because of the brake dust. Needs stickier tires because the rear end swings around too easily. Tranny not user friendly.

Style

Wow!
By Bill

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've probably owned a 100 cars. This one has made me the happiest. I don't know whay the sticker fuel economy is listed so low as I get over 20mpg. Sure some auto mags say it's too heavy, too big, too what ever and some little car can post better road track times, well so what! I don't drive on a road track course, I drive on a highway. I'm a big guy at 6 foot 5 and 265 pounds. I can still ride in comfort and get there fast. It has plently of room for kids in the back if you need that space. Nothing compares to the thrill of the ride. I've owned Vettes, and BMWs and they don't get a second look when you are out. I bought this car for fun. It's easy to get in and out of and is fun.

I'm in Love
By Hemi Mike

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Holy cow! This truly an amazing car! The thrust off the line will snap your neck. I got 20 feet of rubber at 30 MPH by manually shifting into 1st. People really admire it every where I go. I took it to my local BMW dealer to get a part for my 540i and the entire showroom emptied out! All the salesman and service writers came out and took pictures of it. You can't get that attention from an M-5 at twice the price. The gas mileage also surprised me; I get 15 around town when I drive it civilly. One of the best features is the sound system. I feel like I have live concert in my back seat. Sometimes I go into my garage to just gawk at my amazing ride.

Power, comfort, sound system, safety features, F-1 tires, milage and the admiration of the general public.

A back-up camera would sure help with the blind spots.