Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Caravan

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Just a nice vehicle
By Bud in Fla

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this vehicle for about 7 months now. It is just a very practical, easy to drive vehicle. It is great to haul a lot of people, and the stow and go seating is amazing. We bought the vehicle because we only have one vehicle now that we have retired, and this one can haul a bunch of stuff and then convert and we can drive 6 or 7 people to dinner. Love the nav system. The only complaint I have is the front cup holders. They could have done a much better job on those. I would love for it to get a little better gas mileage, but the big six does perform well. Looked at the Honda and Kia and bought this one much cheaper. Would love for them to add roll down windows for the 2nd row passengers

Stow and go seating! A real bonus after owning a minivan with regular seats.

Better cup holders for the front. Roll down windows for the 2nd row passengers. Better center counsol.

Great Van, Quite Smooth and Reliable
By tiger850

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We have had no problems with our 2005 SXT. It gets great mileage, 25- 26MPG on hwy. Love the power driver seat, and all the features for a van we paid only $19250 for! Rest of seats are good since it is not the stow and go lousy seating. Radio treble and bass controls don't do much. It could use a better radio/speakers. Van looks great too. Best feature, zero problems so far. Great value, enjoy the van very much.

Looks, comfortable seats. Quiet and very reliable

Radio treble bass controls along with radio clarity isn't the best.

Best Minivan
By Ron

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My second Dodge minivan. Rides and drives better than any car. Very good gas mileage for the size vehicle. The front seats are very comfortable, especially on long trips. Easy to park. No problems with either van I owned. For the price, you can not beat it. I recommend this minivan to any that wants a comfortable and safe vehicle.

Comfortable front seats

Short wheel base. Should have Stow and Go.

Dodge SWB Caravan
By teckelwood

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

My '05 SXT(SWB) Caravan is responsive, easy to park and handle, and very comfy. Quiet inside, and a pleasure for me (6'2") and my wife (5'4") to drive. We are in our mid seventies, and are fond of Dodge minivans. Quad seats are a pleasure to move around and sit in. This is a great car for our older bodies with comfort and performance in mind.

Short wheelbase, quad seats, console with temp and direction, exceptional forward visibility, tape and CD players

Daylight driving lights

Highway mileage joke
By squareorbit

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Caravan because our '95 Caravan had 190,000 miles and had a transmission problem. Our 2005 Caravan is supposed to be able to get up to 27 miles per gallon on the highway. The only way you can get milage like that is to be going down a steep mountain. We get 17 to 18 miles per gallon. We will not be buying another Chrysler product.