Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Dodge Caravan

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Do not bother buying this
By Bob

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought Dodge Grand Caravan 2005 in June 2005. It has not even completed 5 years. It has less than 50,000 miles on it. However, the problems that the van has is just mind boggling. My 1999 Corolla is more reliable and less costly in terms of repairs than Dodge Caravan. This is just a junk vehicle. I would never buy another Dodge product or recommend to anyone. Simply avoid it to save yourself lots of money, time, and aggravation.

Stow and Go

I would suggest Dodge to build this vehicle.

Throttle Sensor NIGHTMARE
By Ruth

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had two Major issues. Bought the van and it had bad sensors everywhere. Airbags sensors bad, transmission sensor bad and the latest? throttle sensor. Fixed at a Dodge dealership. Toyota is not the only one with issues. When the throttle sensor went bad it had unintentional acceleration and nearly caused a fatality. Bad design. Hate electronic parts - especially bad ones.

seating

Kill switch for the throttle sensor. Less electronics.

Would not recommend
By Ruth

2005 Dodge Caravan CV 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I really needed a vehicle and preferred a van due to all the running around I had to do. However, buyer beware. Was not aware that Dodge still built 2.2L size engines. MY MISTAKE. What a piece of crap. Brakes have had to be replaced 3 times. The drums rotated, the shocks are bad (off the lot) the transmission modulator evidently doesn't last more than 28,000 miles and on our second one. Airbags didn't deploy when we hit a deer and had almost 6,000 dollars damage - otherwise we would have been able to total it. Heater doesn't work all the time. The dealer even sold me a bogus warranty. Again women... be aware when buying your own vehicle for the first time. Take someone who knows. Avoid DODGE

CD player. oh, but wait... that's bad now too.

NEVER EVER BUILD a 2.2 liter engine to haul the titanic. What were you thinking? Gas mileage stinks beyond words. Dealers didn't even want it as a trade in.

very good bargain
By navy jim

2005 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I reviewed this vehicle in early 2005. Now have 69,000 miles and nearly 5 years later on this vehicle. I am just as impressed with it as I was then. Normal maintenance is all that's been required. Get 23 to 25 miles on the highway and 21 in town. I am more than pleased with it in all aspects. It's been a cheap, dependable, fun car to drive. I take good care of it and maintain it regularly.

A/c works very good in south Texas. Really fun to drive even in the highest mountains of Colorado. Easy to maintain. Comfortable. Low cost of insurance. Reliability is very good. easy to

none

Great Van
By Dodger

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have 80,000 miles on my minivan and the only repair so far has been an EGR valve and one tune up and brakes. We completely filled the van when we took a trip to South Carolina with five passengers and all the luggage and the van still got 27 miles to the gallon with the 3.3 motor and the air - conditioner on for the entire ride! We also had plenty of room and everyone was comfortable for the entire ride. Buy this van, you won't be disappointed.

Handling, smooth transmission, smooth and quiet engine.

Left door pannel hits your left leg and better seats.